Sr Programme Manager, Supply Strategy, Surface Transportation
Our Programme Managers are always thinking about the bigger picture. Every position at Amazon offers the opportunity for employees to influence business decisions and shape the future. But as a Senior Programme Manager, pioneering new ways of thinking, designing and delivering is your mission. Collaborating with a wide range of stakeholders across the business, you’ll continuously be scoping out new solutions. You’ll conduct your own research and analysis, always with an eye on the long-term vision of the business. This is your opportunity to have a big impact on some of the most exciting new ideas that are shaping the future of Amazon.
Key job responsibilities
- Create innovative solutions using data and research to address wider challenges in your organisation
- Take a big-picture approach in your analysis of business operations, driving improvements across a range of teams and organisations
- Work alongside senior leadership to establish and prioritise improvement programmes, seeing them through from start to finish
- Enhance operational performance on every programme in partnership with your stakeholders
- Owning and defining the optimal supply mix for our 3P carrier programs and presenting strategic business cases and execution strategy to the leadership team and other critical stakeholders
- Solve ambiguous analyses and simulations with less well-defined inputs and outputs; guide to the heart of the problem and identify root causes
- Partnering with the global technology teams and ensuring product delivery
- Implementing the required governance mechanism (KPIs) along with reporting and analytical deep-dives
- Run supply mix simulations through Excel at an advanced level, Python and SQL, propose optimal solution to leadership
A day in the life
As Senior Programme Manager, you’ll drive and manage the implementation of creative, data-driven change in Amazon, leading improvement projects and programmes. You’ll use strategic thinking to define and implement an efficient project plan. Some managers are based on-site while others work remotely, depending on the most suitable option for their team and tasks.
Senior Programme Managers have significant responsibilities, and you’ll deal with complex challenges with creativity, innovation, and leadership. With a responsibility extending beyond process improvements, you could also contribute to improving other areas of the business, like diversity, equity, and inclusion.
About the team
We put safety first as our people are our priority. And we use the expertise of our people to get packages to their destination – quickly, conveniently and sustainably.The Amazon Transportation Services Supply Strategy Program Management (SSPM) team is responsible for determining the amount, placement, and type of supply that the Surface Transportation network needs to achieve the lowest cost network for weeks, months, and years ahead. We partner closely with research scientists, data scientists, software teams, analysts, product, and program managers of all levels to create a plan of record, benchmark, manage variability risks, improve tools and analytic approaches, and close execution gaps.
- A degree
- Relevant experience communicating with and influencing a range of different stakeholders including senior management
- Relevant experience in managing large-scale programmes or projects
- Relevant experience in analysing data and creating reports for leadership
- Relevant experience working with data analysis systems
- Advanced degree
- Relevant experience scoping, leading, and implementing process improvements through: Lean process, Kaizen, or Six Sigma
- Relevant experience working in a supply chain, logistics, or operations environment
- Relevant experience in conceptualizing and implementing operational or supply-chain management improvements
- Relevant experience working cross functionally with tech teams
To apply for this job please visit www.amazon.jobs.