Researcher – Cybersecurity
At Hitachi Energy, our purpose is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We bring power to our homes, schools, hospitals and factories. Join us and work with fantastic people, while learning and developing yourself on projects that have a real impact to our communities and society. Bring your passion, bring your energy, and be part of a global team that appreciates a simple truth: Diversity + Collaboration = Great Innovation
As a scientist in the global Hitachi Energy Research organization, you will propose and lead cutting edge research projects to push the boundaries of knowledge and technology for Hitachi Energy’s future products and services.
- Develop security architectures and new security mechanisms for industrial control system (ICS) solutions.
- Develop and audit processes for secure development and operations of critical infrastructure systems, participate in the development of standards and policies.
- Advise Hitachi Energy R&D units on security weaknesses and mitigations using your deep technical expertise.
- Identify weaknesses in embedded systems and IoT/cloud applications using conceptual analysis of requirements, architecture and design documents.
- Propose, contribute to and lead research and development projects with a global team of researchers and engineers in Hitachi Energy business units.
- Monitor the global IT security landscape for relevant developments.
- Disseminate your results in scientific publications, patent applications, and technical reports.
- Doctorate or Master’s degree in Cyber Security, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or other relevant discipline.
- Solid understanding of cybersecurity for industrial control systems (ICS).
- Experience contributing to software development projects as defense (“blue”) team to collaboratively make defense-aware design decisions.
- Knowledge of threat modeling, security vulnerabilities and measures.
- Relevant certifications (e.g. OSCP/OSCE) welcome.
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills in English and good presentation skills.
- Innovation-focused personality with desire to continuously improve yourself and the organization around you.
- Canadian work permit and ability to acquire security clearance required.
More about us
Hitachi Energy is a global technology leader that is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We serve customers in the utility, industry and infrastructure sectors with innovative solutions and services across the value chain. Together with customers and partners, we pioneer technologies and enable the digital transformation required to accelerate the energy transition towards a carbon-neutral future.
We are advancing the world’s energy system to become more sustainable, flexible and secure whilst balancing social, environmental and economic value. Hitachi Energy has a proven track record and unparalleled installed base in more than 140 countries. Headquartered in Switzerland, we employ around 38,000 people in 90 countries. In fiscal year 2020 we generated business volumes of around $10 billion USD as reported by Hitachi.
To apply for this job please visit ca.indeed.com.