Azure Solution Architect
We currently have a vacancy for an Azure Solution Architect fluent in English, to offer his/her services as an expert who will be based in Valetta, Malta. The work will be carried out either on the company’s premises or on-site at customer premises. In the context of the first assignment, the successful candidate will be integrated into the team of the company that will closely cooperate with a major client’s IT team on site.
- Gather and assist with the business requirements process, identifying and mapping relevant data sources;
- Support in the definition of policies, procedures, metadata, standards, and templates of the overall data governance landscape;
- Work with data providers to fill data gaps and/or to adjust source-system data structures to facilitate analysis and integration processes on the overall data ecosystem;
- Design, develop, document, and maintain data architecture, data modeling, data collection, and transformation processes;
- Design, develop, document, and maintain ETL/ELT, integration, data cleaning, analysis, automation processes, BI models, reports, dashboard, security, and governance;
- Design, develop, document, maintain and ensure data quality, validation, and data lineage;
- Design, develop, document, improve and maintain the Data Warehouse ecosystem, such as the DataDevOps lifecycle, architecture.
- University degree, combined with professional experience of more than 6 years;
- Advanced use of Azure Data Platforms, such as Azure Data Factory, Azure Logic Apps, Azure SQL Server, ADLS, Azure Databricks, Power BI, Azure Cognitive Services, and Microsoft SSIS;
- Experience with Software development and/or data processing using Python, SQL, Power M, and DAX;
- Use of structured, semi-structured, and unstructured data types and related file formats, such as Parquet, Delta;
- Experience with Business requirements gathering and transforming it in data collection and integration processes;
- Experience with Databricks, Apache Spark, and Python Pandas;
- Experience with Data Lakes and Data Lakehouse architecture, concepts, governance, and Master data and reference data management;
- Experience in creating reports, visualizations, and dashboards using business intelligence tools using Power BI and in Advanced Power BI Online Services and best governance practices;
- Use of data integration and data warehouse modeling techniques, concepts, and methods, such as SCD, Functional Engineering, Data Vault, etc.;
- Experience in the Creation/editing of business glossaries, data dictionaries, data catalogs, data modeling principles, and DAMA Data Management best practices and standards;
- Experience with WebAPIs and OpenAPI standard, Azure Purview, Natural Language Processing libraries and techniques, enterprise architecture software such as BizzDesign;
- Excellent command of the English language.
If you are seeking a career in an exciting and dynamic company, where you will offer your services as part of a team of a major European Institution, operating in an international, multilingual, and multicultural environment where you can expect real chances to make a difference. We offer competitive remuneration (either on a contract basis or remuneration with a full benefits package), based on qualifications and experience. All applications will be treated as confidential.
EUROPEAN DYNAMICS ( )is a leading Software, Information, and Communication Technologies company, operating internationally (Athens, Brussels, Luxembourg, Copenhagen, Stockholm, London, Nicosia, Hong Kong, Valetta, etc). The company employs over 600 engineers, IT experts, and consultants (around 3% Ph.D., 36% MSc, and 53% BSc or equivalent). We design and develop software applications using state-of-the-art technology. The group generates annual revenues in the range of EURO 40 million, with an EBITDA in the range of 20%.
The value of our contract portfolio exceeds EURO 250 million. EUROPEAN DYNAMICS is a renowned supplier of IT services to government institutions, multinational corporations, public administrations, multinational companies, and research and academic institutes. As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, we are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion.
To apply for this job please visit www.careerjet.com.mt.