Expeditors is a global logistics company headquartered in Seattle, Washington. As a Fortune 500 company, we employ professionals in a worldwide network of over 300 locations across six continents.“We’re not in the shipping business; we’re in the information business” – Peter Rose, Expeditors Founder Global supply chain management is what we do, but at the heart of Expeditors you will find professionalism, leadership, and a friendly environment, all of which foster an innovative, customer service-based approach to logistics.
- 18,000 trained professionals
- 250+ locations worldwide
- Fortune 500
- Globally unified systems
Job DescriptionJob Purpose
Ensure the safe and efficient movement; handling and storage of products into and out of the cold store as per customer requests and manage the staff and equipment.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Oversee receiving, warehousing, distribution, and maintenance operations.
- Set up the layout and ensure efficient space utilization.
- Adhere to all warehousing and handling legislation requirements
- Maintain standards of health and safety, hygiene, and security.
- Manage stock control and reconcile with the data storage system
- Prepare annual budget
- Liaise with clients, suppliers, and transport companies
- Plan work rotas, assign tasks appropriately, and appraise results.
- Recruit, select, orient, coach, and motivate employees.
- Produce reports and statistics regularly (IN/OUT status report, dead stock report etc.)
- Interact with sales, marketing, and customer finance to understand demand forecast drivers.
- Diploma/ Degree in Logistics/ Supply Chain Management or relevant qualifications
- 5+ years of relevant experience in a Manufacturing and/or logistics environment
- Strong understanding of current sustainability challenges and initiatives in the manufacturing sector
- Ability to work in a corporate and matrixed environment with multiple cross-functional stakeholders
- Exposure to corporate safety programs
- Excellent verbal/written communication and presentation skills at all levels of the organization
- Strong organizational skills
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Training and Personnel Development Program
- Medical care program
- The friendly atmosphere among the team
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.