Assistant Restaurant Manager
- A hospitality and Management degree is preferred
- Previous experience in a fine dining establishment, in a supervisory position or above
- Experience in service/operational standards required to achieve exceptional guest experiences
- Proven experience in motivating, training, and leading team members
- Experience in budgeting, profit/loss concepts, purchasing, percentage and variances
- Knowledge of sanitation requirements, governmental regulations, and food/beverage handling standards (HACCP)
- Excellent English skills, Arabic skills are beneficial
- Quick, efficient, organized, and meticulous
- A warm, attentive personality and smartly presentable
- Creative at solving problems and emotionally intelligent
- Ability to work under pressure, multi-task and make decisions with a proactive approach
- A great passion for food as well as cuisine styles, techniques, and varieties
- Passionate about creating a memorable experience for every guest
- Ensure service is performed in a professional manner and to the highest standards at all times by the entire team, including adhering to the Points of Service in Table Management.
- Ensure guests have a memorable experience and build relationships to drive repeat business.
- Motivate, lead, train, and supervise the team in all aspects of the department.
- Ensure the financial success of the department, including maximizing revenue opportunities and implementing strategies to achieve this. Assist to ensure that financial targets are achieved.
- Monitor, coordinate, and improve guest service standards as required.
- Ensure policies, procedures, and service standards are followed at all times.
- Monitor and report on performance, trends, opportunities, menu sales, meal time, and covers on a daily basis.
- Execute and supervise day-to-day activities of the Restaurant, including reservations, waiting lists, guest preferences, clearing and (re)setting tables, dining areas, guest orders, seating and serving guests, cleaning of work areas and restrooms, cleaning schedules, and any other necessary tasks.
- Ensure guests are greeted upon arrival and departure.
- Respond appropriately to guest complaints, communicating to Chef and Restaurant Manager any issues regarding food/drink quality and service standards.
- Establish and implement appropriate service recovery guidelines in order to ensure total guest satisfaction.
- Ensured guest satisfaction with food/drinks and service; effectively responded to and handled guest problems and complaints, communicating to Chef and Restaurant Manager any issues regarding food quality and service levels.
- Create innovative programs and promotions to market special menu items, increase sales, and increase guest patronage.
- Assist in the development and implementation of new menus, and local food and beverage marketing programs.
- Ensure all staff are properly trained and have the tools and equipment needed to effectively carry out their job functions.
- Recommend and/or initiate salary, disciplinary, or other staffing-related actions with the Restaurant Manager, in accordance with company rules and policies
- Promptly inform the Restaurant Manager, prior to giving approval, in regard to any special requests made by our guests in regard to food, drinks, and arrangements.
- Ensure that the team seeks prior approval from the Restaurant Manager on such requests.
- Ensure that all equipment, fixtures, and furniture of the department are kept in the best repair possible and are used in a safe and proper manner.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.