About the job
An exciting opportunity exists for a world class Kitchen Steward to join our newly created luxury travel brand “Explora Journeys”. Responsibilities include to supervise and maintain the overall cleanliness of the Galleys and adjacent areas assigned to the F&B Department.
- Must be familiar with the entire operation and a total understanding of USPH Rules and Regulations;
- Ensures that garbage segregation is conducted accordingly;
- Responsible for the cleaning and storage of certain kitchenware in the assigned Galley Locker;
- Responsible for the cleanliness and working conditions of all cleaning and washing equipment. Any possible damage must be reported to the Kitchen Steward;
- Monitors chemical consumption and cleaning materials;
- Avoid breakage of equipment/china. Any breakage must be reported to the Kitchen Steward or recorded on a breakage list;
- Supervise and support the dishwashing areas during peak hours to prevent loss and breakage;
- Areas of responsibility (all galley outlets and adjacent areas) have to be kept up to USPH standards at all times;
- The Head Cleaner must be present during USPH inspections carried out by on board management;
- Duties are not limited to the above mentioned assignments, they may change as per directions of the Kitchen Steward and Senior Executive Chef;
- Ensure that all safety procedures are followed.
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English (oral and written); any other languages are considered a plus;
- Standard High School Education. Requires a minimum of six years in the profession (Quality Hotels or Restaurants).
Possess a valid passport and seaman book.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.