Process Engineer Singapore
At ExxonMobil, our vision is to lead in energy innovations that advance modern living and a net-zero future. As one of the world’s largest publicly traded energy and chemical companies, we are powered by a unique and diverse workforce fueled by the pride in what we do and what we stand for.
The success of our Upstream, Product Solutions and Low Carbon Solutions businesses is the result of the talent, curiosity and drive of our people. They bring solutions every day to optimize our strategy in energy, chemicals, lubricants and lower-emissions technologies.
We invite you to bring your ideas to ExxonMobil to help create sustainable solutions that improve quality of life and meet society’s evolving needs. Learn more about our What and our Why and how we can work together.
ExxonMobil in Singapore
ExxonMobil is one of Singapore’s largest foreign manufacturing investors with over S$25 billion in fixed asset investments.
We have manufacturing facilities that include an integrated world-scale refining and petrochemical complex in Jurong and Jurong Island, a network of service stations under the Esso brand, operate a lubricant plant and are a supplier of cylinder cooking gas. ExxonMobil provides customers and commercial markets in the region with ground transportation, industrial, aviation and marine fuels, lubricants, petrochemicals and liquefied natural gas (LNG).
As Singapore serves as the AP hub for some of our businesses, we employ about 3,500 people across positions in operations, projects, commercial, corporate support functions and others.
ExxonMobil also contributes to community programs in Singapore that support the arts, education, health and the environment.
What you will do
- Work as a member of the technical team to provide process engineering support for operations
- Provide technical advice / support to daily operational issues
- Perform unit optimization, troubleshooting, de-bottlenecking studies
- Lead/participate in safety initiatives including risk assessments and HAZOP reviews
- Support on-going reliability improvements and equipment strategy development
- Analyze complex technical issues, identify key drivers, propose strategy / recommendations to support decision-making/resolution of technical issues
- Responsible for the development/execution of margin improvement ideas/projects
- Job role can be assigned to start at either the Chemical Plant or Refinery
Skills and Qualifications
- Degree in Chemical Engineering from a recognized university
- Open to fresh graduates, or with up to 3 years of relevant process engineering/design experience in the petrochemical / chemical / refinery industry
- Team player with strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to multi-task, manage multiple interfaces and prioritize work
- Knowledge of process modeling software and experience in the use of relevant technical computing tools and design tools for hydraulic calculations, TRV relief amongst other evaluations
- Familiarity with the development of H&MB, PFD / P&IDs and design specification of process equipment
- Good knowledge of industry standards and practices related to process design and safety
An ExxonMobil career is one designed to last and we provide job rotations throughout your career with us. Our commitment to you runs deep: our employees grow personally and professionally, with benefits built on our core categories of health, security, finance, and life.
Currently our employees benefits include: Long Term Savings Allowance, dental reimbursement, annual health checkups and Home Ownership Assistance Plan amongst others and these are updated from time to time.
Stay connected with us:
- Learn more at our website
- Follow us on LinkedIn and Instagram
- Like us on Facebook
- Subscribe our channel at YouTube
Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunity in conformance with all applicable laws and regulations to individuals who are qualified to perform job requirements. The Company administers its personnel policies, programs, and practices in a non-discriminatory manner in all aspects of the employment relationship, including recruitment, hiring, work assignment, promotion, transfer, termination, wage and salary administration, and selection for training.
Please be informed that only shortlisted candidates will be notified, and you can find out more about our hiring process here.