Factory Operations Manager – CPF
Alshaya’s Central Production Facility (CPF) in Kuwait currently employs more than 150 people and manufactures food products for brands such as Starbucks. Now is an exciting time to join CPF as they embark on plan to improve, innovate and build additional revenue streams.
The Factory Operations Manager operates within the manufacturing environment where continuous improvement is essential in all areas to support the business needs. He/ She should promote team ethics and developing team working through employee training and personal development. The Factory Operations Manager is the site lead and plans, direct and coordinates the operations in Alshaya Food.
He/She is responsible to ensure and improve the performance, productivity, efficiency and profitability of organizational operations through the provision of effective methods and strategies. The work involves the application of considerable judgement and initiative in production planning, managing food service and staff, monitoring food quality, safety and controlling merchandise / food inventory.
The below Key Performance Areas include but are not limited to:
- Coordinate, manage and monitor the working of various departments in Alshaya Food.
- Review financial statements and data. Utilize financial data to improve profitability. Prepare and control operational budget, control inventory and plan effective strategies for the financial well being of the company.
- Improve processes and policies in support of organizational goals. Formulate and implement departmental and organizational policies and procedures to maximize output and monitor adherence to rules, regulations and procedures.
- Plan the use of human resources. Organize recruitment and placement of required staff, establish organizational structures, delegate tasks and accountabilities, establish work schedules, supervise staff and monitor and evaluate performance.
- Coordinate and monitor the work of various departments involved in production, storing, pricing and distribution of goods. Monitor performance and implement improvements, ensure quality of products, manage quality and quantity of employee
productivity, manage maintenance of equipment and machinery and provide technical support where necessary.
- Monitor, manage and improve the efficiency of support services such as IT, HR, Accounts and Finance and facilitate coordination and communication between support functions.
- Liaison with top management, assist in the development of strategic plans for operational activities and implement and manage operational plans.
- Key Outputs
- People Management & Development
- Continuous Improvement
- Health & Safety
- Professional qualification:
- ILM, NEBSS or equivalent
- IOSH Managing Safely Min.
- Drivers Licence
– 6- 10 years as a Food Manufacturing Site Manager
– Experience of FMCG – Short Shelf Life Foods
- Complex batch production
- Change Management
- University or equivalent
- Six Sigma, Kaizen, IEE, NEBOSH
About Us:Alshaya Group is a dynamic family-owned enterprise which was first established in Kuwait in 1890. With a consistent record of growth and innovation, Alshaya Group is one of the world’s leading brand franchise operators, offering customers an unparalleled choice of well-loved international brands, including: Starbucks, H&M, Mothercare, Debenhams, Cos, American Eagle Outfitters, P.F. Chang’s, The Cheesecake Factory, The Body Shop, M.A.C, Victoria’s Secret, Boots, Vavavoom, Pottery Barn and KidZania.
Alshaya Group’s portfolio extends across MENA, Russia, Turkey, and Europe, with thousands of stores, cafes, restaurants and leisure destinations, as well as a growing online and digital business.
Operating in multiple sectors including Fashion, Food, Health & Beauty, Pharmacy, Home Furnishings and Leisure & Entertainment, Alshaya Group colleagues are united by a commitment to delivering great customer service and brand experiences.
Fresh, modern, and relevant, Alshaya’s constantly evolving retail portfolio reflects the choices and lifestyle of its customers. From flagship stores and restaurants in prestige malls, to local coffee shops, drive-thrus and online, Alshaya Group brings customers the brands they love in the places they want to be.
To apply for this job please visit ae.indeed.com.