Crop Science Farm Worker
At Bayer we’re visionaries, driven to solve the world’s toughest challenges and striving for a world where ,Health for all, Hunger for none’ is no longer a dream, but a real possibility. We’re doing it with energy, curiosity and sheer dedication, always learning from unique perspectives of those around us, expanding our thinking, growing our capabilities and redefining ‘impossible’. There are so many reasons to join us. If you’re hungry to build a varied and meaningful career in a community of brilliant and diverse minds to make a real difference, there’s only one choice.
Crop Science Farm Worker
We have an exciting opportunity for a Farm Worker (initial FTC 2 years +) who will report to the Farm Manager at our Field Stations in Cambrideshire.
Our field stations provide support to the global Agronomic Development programme and EU zonal development programme for our products. Bayer CropScience Ltd owns two Field Stations, which require particular agronomic practices in order to facilitate effective Field Trials and residue work to GEP or GLP standards. The field station team also provides drilling and harvesting support to regionally based agronomists.
We are looking for someone who is enthusiastic, self-motivated, keen to take on responsibilities, has good attention to detail, organised, and willing to work alongside the wider Bayer CropScience Ltd team.
In this role you would have the following responsibilities:
- Supporting the Farm Manager to provide suitable crops and targets for Field Trials work on Bayer CropScience Ltd Field Stations.
- Supporting the Farm Manager to achieve the Field Stations objectives.
- Supporting the regional agronomists by providing mechanical resource for drilling and harvesting operations.
- A wide range of arable operations to include: spraying using modern tractor mounted machinery, fertiliser spreading, drilling and planting using tractor mounted specialist trials equipment, primary and secondary cultivations using a wide range of equipment, combining and use of GPS equipment on modern machinery.
- Management of irrigation equipment using Wright rain overhead irrigation, Briggs irrigator booms and trickle tape.
- Drilling and harvesting operations in regional areas.
- Inputting operation records into Farmplan Gatekeeper regularly.
- Supporting the Farm Manager with all aspects of biodiversity projects on the two field stations. This includes working towards Countryside Stewardship objectives, woodland management and promoting a broad range of diverse habitats.
- Field station maintenance to include: general facility maintenance, workshop projects, mowing and tree maintenance.
- Actively participate with the Farm Manager to identify training requirements and record training received, in order to enable the company to maintain a workforce with skills and knowledge appropriate to the business objectives.
- To assist in the trials programme by providing expertise in the operation of agricultural machinery and specialist trials equipment in a precise and accurate manner.
The successful candidate will need:
- Sound understanding and knowledge, (minimum 2 years’ practical experience), of UK agronomic practises.
- To be self-motivated and able to communicate effectively both internally and externally.
- NPTC PA1, PA2 and PA6 desirable but not essential as training will be given.
- Rough terrain telehandler certificate desirable but not essential.
At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change. Reward is important to us, employees benefit from excellent employment conditions, such as:
- competitive salary and performance bonus
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Private Healthcare, generous pension scheme and Life Insurance
- Employee discount scheme
- International career possibilities
To apply for this job please visit uk.indeed.com.