Join our team that shares your Passion & Heart for Canadian agriculture! Parrish & Heimbecker, Limited (P&H) has an opportunity for a motivated, forward-thinking, and dedicated individual as a full time Farm Manager based in Hanover, ON.
Work And Grow With a Family-owned Company.
Join our team with Purpose & History! P&H’s roots go back over 110 years. We have always been a Canadian, family-owned, and managed agri-business that understands the qualities and conditions needed for meaningful growth. Our corporate culture values are family values; honesty and integrity with a focus on listening and continuous learning. Like family, we support our staff to always do better.With over 70 locations spanning from coast to coast, and trade links around the globe, P&H is growth-oriented, diversified and vertically integrated with operations spanning across grain merchandising, flour milling, crop input distribution and animal feed production.
Skills and experience for the next step in your career.
Reporting to the Farm Foreman the Farm Manager is responsible for day-to-day operations on the chicken broiler farm.This is a full-time position working 35 hours per week.
Your day-to-day activities will include:
- Farm operations including animal care and poultry husbandry
- Record-keeping (monitoring of equipment, feeders, etc.)
- Mechanical, property and yard maintenance
- Operating farm machinery such as ventrac, tractor and telehandler
- Responsible for alarms
- Managing staff and timelines
- Complying with industry regulations
- Keeping Farm audits compliant
- Must adhere to all health and safety policies and practices
The successful candidate should enter the position with the following qualifications:
- Experience in farm management
- Experience in farming is an asset
- Experience in operating tractors and other farming related equipment is an asset
- Mechanical aptitude is an asset
- Ability to work some weekends and holidays
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.