McCain Foods (Canada)
|Hiring Organization||McCain Foods (Canada)|
|Post Name||Supervisor Farm|
|Qualification||Post-secondary education in Agriculture is preferred|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||CAD 25 To CAD 35 Per Hour|
|Location||Florenceville-Bristol, New Brunswick, Canada E7L 0B4|
For over 100 years, McCain Produce Inc., a private family-owned company and an industry leader in quality has delivered top-quality potatoes across the globe satisfying cravings for one of the world’s most popular vegetables. This foundation plus its association with its parent company – McCain Foods Limited – provides McCain Produce with an unrivaled global reach. The end result: McCain Produce customers enjoy ”best practice” benefits unmatched by few others in the industry. From selling table potatoes to providing top-quality inputs to our grower partners, McCain Produce is truly an agricultural leader in the potato industry.
McCain Farms, a division of McCain Produce Inc. is currently seeking a Farm Supervisor at our Monquart, NB location. This full-time salaried position reports directly to the Farm Manager.
Reporting to the Farm Manager, the Farm Supervisor will assist in overseeing and management of successfully growing field crops. This includes directing daily activities from planting, growing, harvesting, and storing in a manner that produces the highest possible yields and profitability from the farm operation. The successful candidate will be a self-starter with a strong work ethic, a “can do” attitude, and the ability to adapt to a fast-paced, dynamic work environment.
- Coordinate, assist, and supervise the day-to-day work activities of general farm workers and harvesting laborers.
- Supervise and oversee growing, crop maintenance, harvesting, and other crop-related operations.
- Inspect crops and fields to determine maturity, yield, and work requirements, such as cultivating, weeding, or harvesting.
- Spring commercial farm seed cutting and rock picking oversight.
- Evaluate weather and soil conditions.
- Assist Farm Manager with Agronomic decisions.
- Proactively create and implement safe work procedures in conjunction with the McCain Produce Health & Safety Coordinator. Be an active member of the Joint Health & Safety Committee.
- Ensure all health and safety procedures are being followed by all workers and visitors at all times.
- Maintain quality control, production, and safety records.
- Direct and assist in the repair and proper working of machines and equipment used on the farm.
- Assess, suggest, and assist in the implementation of work procedures that are beneficial for the business.
- Oversee sorting & overall handling of produce to ensure the highest possible quality of products.
- Potato storage management, including summer washdowns and repairs.
- Create work schedules and train employees on the work site.
- Provide backup/vacation support for overseeing the Fresh Potato Packing Shed and Glassville Seed Farm Operations. (Cross-functional training will be provided.)
- Perform other duties as instructed by the management.
Required Experience and Qualifications:
- Post-secondary education in Agriculture is preferred.
- Minimum of 3-5 years experience in agriculture, potato experience preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to supervise and manage an efficient team.
- Ability to delegate effectively and timely.
- Experience using and operating farm machinery relating to the planting and harvesting of potato crops or other similar crops.
- Proven problem-solving skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Experienced with Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Being willing to work flexible hours is a requirement for extended hours around planting and harvesting.
- Sprayer Application License required or willing to become licensed upon hire.
- A class 1 or Class 3 license is considered an asset.
- Experience operating farm equipment is also considered an asset.
- Ability to safely lift up to 50 lbs.
The above information indicates the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
The health and safety of McCain employees and their families have been our number one priority since the start of the COVID-19 pandemic. Supported by science, and in line with our culture and values, we believe that being vaccinated is the most effective way to protect each other, our families, our customers, and our communities.
McCain Foods is an equal opportunity employer. We see value in ensuring we have a diverse, antiracist, inclusive, merit-based, and equitable workplace. As a global family-owned company we are proud to reflect the diverse communities around the world in which we live and work. We recognize that diversity drives our creativity, resilience, and success and makes our business stronger.
McCain is an accessible employer. If you require accommodation throughout the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials or accessible meeting rooms), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
To apply for this job please visit careers.mccain.com.