The Donkey Sanctuary
- Salary:£22,369 per annum
- PoscountryUnited Kingdom
- Area:Equine Operations
- Vacancy Type:Fixed Term Contract
- Full or Part Time?:Full Time
The Donkey Sanctuary is an international animal welfare organisation, offering care and protection to donkeys and mules worldwide. We are working for a world where donkeys and mules live free from suffering, and their contribution to humanity is fully valued. We are achieving this by transforming the quality of life for donkeys, mules and people worldwide through greater understanding, collaboration and support, and by promoting lasting, mutually life-enhancing relationships.
We have an excellent opportunity for a flexible and proactive team player with a passion for Donkeys to join our busy team Paccombe Farm, near Sidmouth, Devon. Possessing substantial equine and animal husbandry experience, you will provide care and rehabilitation for the resident donkeys, mules and hinnies, and support the Farm Manager and Farm Supervisor in maintaining a safe working environment.
- Previous equine or animal husbandry experience.
- Good communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Physically fit and able to lift, for example, a bag of feed (approx. 20 kg).
- Willing to work outside in adverse weather conditions.
- Willing to undertake work related training as required.
- Full current valid driving licence.
About the role:
Your principal duties and responsibilities will include –
- Routinely checking, feeding, medicating, grooming, weighing, worming and training the resident donkeys.
- Assisting visiting vets, farriers and dentists.
- Operating machinery, and/or manually, mucking out, feeding and bedding up of barns and stables and distributing hay, haylage and bagged feedstuffs.
- Maintaining the farm by sweeping, pressure washing, cleaning, field sweeping, haymaking, strimming, compost management, willow management and dirty water control.
- Maintaining up to date manual records for the donkeys, farming practices, holidays and overtime.
- Providing feedback on a daily basis to the Farm Manager and Supervisor on matters such as donkey health, feeding regimes and land management and liaising with other staff to facilitate smooth running of the farm.
31 Days holiday (including Bank holidays), rising to 34 with each full year of service.
Recorded Pilates classes.
Long Service Awards.
Healthshield Plan –
- Reimbursement of some medical expenses up to the specified limits per membership.
- Offers, discounts and cashback on shopping, travel and entertainment from participating outlets.
- Access to a 24/7 GP and counselling service.
Subsidised restaurant and shop at The Donkey Sanctuary main site.
The Donkey Sanctuary is a Disability Confident Employer.
To apply for this job please visit uk.indeed.com.