General Farm Worker
|Hiring Organization||The Goodwood Estate|
|Post Name||General Farm Worker|
|Qualification||High School Diploma|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||GBP 12 To GBP 15 Per Hour|
|Location||Chichester, England, United Kingdom PO18 0AB|
Goodwood is a quintessentially English estate, set in 12,000 acres of rolling West Sussex countryside. Rooted in our heritage, we deliver extraordinary and engaging experiences in modern and authentic ways. But what really sets us apart is our people. It is their passion, enthusiasm, and belief in the many things we do that make Goodwood the unique place it is.
It takes a certain sort of person to flourish in such a fast-paced, multi-dimensional environment like Goodwood. We look for talented, self-motivated, and enthusiastic individuals who will be able to share our passion for Goodwood to be ‘the home of exceptional experiences.
The Real Thing Derring-Do Obsession for Perfection Sheer Love of Life
- Always inspired by Goodwood’s heritage
- Daring to surprise and delight
- Striving to do things even better
- Sharing our infectious enthusiasm
Purpose of the role
To assist in looking after all cattle, sheep, and pigs including checking, feeding, and bedding. Tractor driving, including day-to-day operations as well as seasonal work. Also, relief livestock duties alternate weekends and holiday cover.
- General livestock work – from young stock to finished animals.
- Assist Shepherd and Pig Stock Person during their busy periods
- Tractor driving and machine operation including topping, haulage, and loader work
- Feeding of livestock, including the use of a feeder wagon – this will be the primary role on a day-to-day basis
- Routine maintenance of equipment
- Possible relief milking
Qualities you will possess
- Passion for what you do
- A proactive approach to getting things done
- Take responsibility for yourself
- Confident to make decisions and to stand by them
- Positive and friendly with a “can do attitude”
- Attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and organize
- A sense of fun!
What do you need to be successful?
- Proven experience in animal husbandry
- Agricultural qualification preferable
- Proven experience with a range of machinery
- Experience with a telehandler and feeder wagon operation
- Ability to manage own time to ensure all tasks are completed
- Hard-working, team attitude essential
To apply for this job please visit www.alljobspro.com.