University of California, Davis
|Hiring Organization||University of California, Davis|
|Post Name||FARM LABORER (FPS Field Farm Laborer)|
|Qualification||10th Pass, 12th Pass|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||USD 17 To USD 21 Per Hour|
|Location||Davis, California, United States 95616|
- Lift irrigation pipe, farm equipment, and sacks or boxes weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Stoop, bend and stand for prolonged periods of time.
- Walk on uneven terrain, including plowed ground.
- Work in the field under hot, uncomfortable conditions.
- Work flexible schedule to meet operational needs.
- CA Driver’s License to drive to the work site.
- The Smoke and Tobacco Free Environment policy are intended to provide a healthier, safer, and more productive work and learning environment for the entire UC community. The University of California prohibits smoking and tobacco use at all University owned or leased properties or facilities operated by UC staff or faculty. Smoking and tobacco use are strictly prohibited in indoor and outdoor spaces, parking lots, residential spaces, and University vehicles.
- Experience performing general agricultural work.
- Knowledge of harvesting.
- Skill and ability to collect grapevine and other plant material to department specifications.
- Knowledge to prune field crops.
- Skills to follow oral and written instructions.
- Abilities (KSA)
- Skills to drive light vehicles, operate tractors and operate hand tools.
- Knowledge of FPS fields and facilities.
This position is critical position and subject to a background check. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of background investigation including criminal history and identity checks.
COVID – 19
The University of California has implemented a SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) Vaccination Program SARS-CoV-2 Vaccination Policy (ucop.edu) covering all employees. To be compliant with the policy, employees must submit proof of vaccination or a University-approved exception or deferral.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy
To apply for this job please visit www.ucdavis.edu.