Retail Senior Store Manager
The Senior Store Manager and Flagship Store Manager positions are critical to the successful operations of FedEx Office’s largest and most impactful retail stores. You will run and grow your business while maintaining Purple Promise service, operational excellence and leading, developing and coaching your direct reports. Your leadership and passion for results allows the store team to provide solutions to our customers and reach the store financial goals.
General Duties And Responsibilities
(This is a representative list of the general duties the position may be asked to perform, and is not intended to be all-inclusive)
- Understand and model FedEx Office values to customers and team members
- Regularly spend time building and inspiring high performing teams by using FedEx Office tools, resources, effective judgment and decision-making in the selection, training, development, retention and performance management of your people
- Coach and teach your team and ensure they have the tools and information needed to support company goals and perform their jobs
- Regularly work with our largest accounts, complex customer needs and/or serve as a consultative partner to our host properties and commercial sales in the execution of work for our key customers
- Ensure an exceptional store experience that engages and retains customers and team members and supports the FedEx brand experience
- Take ownership of all store controls including but not limited to Standard Operating Procedures, financials, safety, security, scheduling and compliance with state and federal laws and system management through leadership and delegation
- Customarily and regularly improve all operational and store sales activities to ensure the store exceeds financial and customer experience targets
- Regularly practice independent judgment, self-management and effective decision-making in the performance of daily job duties including accounts receiveable, inventory reports, daily sales recaps and bank deposits
- Independently prioritize and accomplish multiple leadership tasks within established timeframes by effectively planning and managing workload, delegating work and supervising, monitoring and directing store leaders and other team members
- Share ideas and use Quality Improvement tools in order to improve the business
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Minimum High School or GED
- 4+ years of related (ex. retail, service, hospitality, military) experience, including 3+ years of supervisory experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office tools including Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel
- For new hires, must meet all FedEx Office employment qualifications in force at time of hiring
- For current FedEx Office team members, must meet hiring criteria for the position and transfer requirements as outlined in the Team Member Handbook
- Ability to stand and/or to move about the store to manage the daily operations
- Ability to move and lift 55 pounds
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to bend/twist at the waist and knees
- Ability to travel as required in order to meet with customers, vendors, other team members, and/or related to other business necessities
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to maintain attention and concentration for extended periods of time
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to read and interpret documents and instructions from customers, vendors, and other team members
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to communicate effectively with customers, vendors, and other team members
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to perform work activities requiring cooperation and instruction
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to function in a fast-paced environment, managing multiple priorities
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to work within the appropriate level of independence
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to report regularly to work and maintain established business hours in order to support the FedEx Office business; regular attendance and/or reporting could include regular attendance at a physical location and/or maintaining established business hours depending on the scope and nature of the position
Quality Driven Management strives to deliver market-leading customer experience, business excellence, and financial return through a Quality-oriented culture and day-to-day application of Quality science.
- Suggests areas for improvement in internal processes along with possible solutions.
- Works with management to reduce company costs/wastes, and to optimize profitability in areas of responsibility.
- Applies Quality concepts presented at training during daily activities.
- Supports FedEx Office Quality initiatives.
FedEx Office is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, genetic information, age (except for bona fide occupational qualifications), sex, pregnancy (including childbirth or a related medical condition), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, military leave or service, status as a disabled veteran or other covered veteran status, participation in EEO protected activity, any other status protected by federal, state, or local law, or association with a person on the basis of one or more of the foregoing. America’s Military Veterans and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.