Pension & Finance Analyst
|Post Name||Pension & Finance Analyst|
|Qualification||Bachelor’s Degree in Finance|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||CAD 67000 To CAD 85000 Per Year|
An integral contributor to the Compensation and Benefits Finance Team, the Pension Finance Analyst will be the primary interface between Compensation and Benefits Finance, Finance Operations, Pension Management, Payroll Services, and key external stakeholders.
HR Services Canada offers an opportunity for an experienced finance professional to utilize financial accounting, process control, and leadership skills while developing a broader understanding of critical pension and benefits operations. This position is within the Finance Skill Pool and offers a high degree of exposure to all Canadian business partners and financial systems.
This position will be responsible for oversight of the Pension financials for pension plans administered by Shell Canada Ltd. which must be accounted for using International Financial Reporting Standards.
- Coordinate monthly, quarterly, and annual activities for Canada pension and other post-employment benefits plans including preparing financial reports, and commentaries, executing financial controls related to pension and post-employment plans revaluation in accordance with IFRS
- Engage with funding analysts, pension trust team, related policy, benefits, and service providers to ensure correct and timely funding and accounting entries
- Prepare funding and investment instructions for authorized financial institutions
- Cooperate with Finance Operations in monitoring all benefits accounts on agreed performance metrics to ensure the correctness and integrity of accounts, report periodically to internal and external management via the status of accounts process
- Participate in the annual cost of employment grid creation and advise on burden allocation percentage rates for operations
- Interface with third-party providers for all pension, and savings plans such as actuaries and investment financial institutions
- Review and oversee the accuracy of plan payments and financials working with finance and committee members to ensure seamless pension trust operations
- Provide support for external auditors regarding audit activities on behalf of Shell Canada Limited and the pension plans under administration
Skills & Requirements
- Min 7 + years of finance experience is required; knowledge of Pension finance and accounting is an asset
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance is required with a CPA certification or progress in obtaining one
- Demonstrated analytical, research, problem-solving, and HR skills along with excellent interpersonal and communication skills, understanding the need for privacy and confidentiality
- Ability to work effectively in a virtual team environment with others across organizations and multiple time zones and solid communication skills including with senior management
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in the MS suite of products and SAP
- Ability to think creatively, set priorities, work under tight deadlines and evolving priorities
- Demonstrates a serious commitment to accuracy and quality while meeting goals or deadlines
- Must have legal authorization to work in Canada on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer
To apply for this job please visit jobs.shell.com.