At Viral Nation, we specialize in building social-first ecosystems for brands to connect with the modern consumer journey. Our integrated solutions align strategy, talent, media, and technology with culturally relevant creativity to scale the world’s fastest-growing digital brands. Viral Nation offers a fluid, creative, and growth-oriented environment that will support your ambitions to apply your talents in an open, collaborative, and fast-paced culture. Our ability to stay at the forefront of the industry has fueled our success and will guide us in paving the path forward. We’re driven to push boundaries and think beyond today to deliver strategies, and we’re just getting started.
While we continuously exceed our goals, we need your help – our success is only as great as our people. Strong performance leads to high expectations, and we must keep raising the bar!
The Manager, Finance will lead a team of Analysts and Senior Analysts in ensuring various aspects of Viral Nation’s accounting, reporting and month-end close cycle are accurate, complete, and efficient. The Manager, Finance will play a key role in maintaining the integrity of accounting records, systems, and processes, while also supporting the preparation and presentation of accurate and complete financial reports to senior management.
What you’ll do here:
- Responsible for month end consolidation and financial statement preparation, including preparing and posting consolidation entries.
- Responsible for Month end WIP run (for POC accounting), job analysis and posting WIP entries.
- Prepare periodic as well as ad hoc management repots and analysis, including but not limited to revenue analytics, job profitability and cash flow analysis, billing reports, new customer reviews, job budget analysis etc.
- Oversee the AR function ensuring timely invoicing, cash collection and operating cycle management.
- Responsible for revenue recognition analysis and accounting processes setup for new revenue streams and updates to existing billing and revenue recognition processes.
- Support the month-end close process through detailed review of AR and WIP account reconciliations, month-end journal entries, consolidation entries etc.
- Maintain effective and efficient accounting systems, processes, and practices based on recognized accounting principles, policies, procedures, and guidelines while ensuring compliance.
- Support the year -end audit process including collection of transaction support documents, review and/or preparation of working papers, schedules, analysis, and other required documentation.
- Support accounting department initiatives, such as software and systems implementation and other departmental or company-wide improvements.
- Creation, review, implementation, and documentation of operational finance policies, procedures, and controls.
- Provide leadership, coaching, and development to staff with the objective of building a world-class Finance function for scale.
You need to have:
- 3+ years of finance experience in a financial reporting/operation capacity
- Fully designated CPA with BA/BCom in Accounting or Finance
- Excellent knowledge of accounting (ASPE and IFRS)
- Understanding financial processes (order to cash, operating cycle, internal controls, month end and financial close etc.)
- Critical thinking and, in turn, confident decision-making with the ability to lead a team
- Exceptional work ethic, organization, and ability to manage numerous priorities
- Excellent communication (full proficiency in English) and interpersonal skills – ability and comfortable speaking and working with senior management
- In-depth knowledge of accounting software and systems
- Agency and/or SaaS and technology experience a plus
- Experience with Microsoft Business Dynamics and Jet Reports
Viral Nation is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion in our agency. Viral Nation welcomes applications from people with visible and non-visible disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruiting and selection process.
To apply for this job please visit ca.indeed.com.