Flair Airlines Ltd.
Full Job Description
Want to be part of a team that’s changing the way Canada travels?
Flair Airlines is Canada’s leading low-fare airline and its greenest airline. With an expanding fleet of Boeing 737 aircraft, Flair is growing to serve over 35 cities across North America. Our airline is built for all people, inclusive and friendly, with the critically important mission of providing affordable air travel for all.
Flair is a different kind of airline. For too long, Canadians have been paying too much for too little. It’s time to change the way Canadians fly. Our goal is to change the airline industry for the better. We’re on a mission to make travel more accessible, more affordable, and more desirable. At Flair, it’s not just about the journey. It’s about the destination (yes, the dot!) and the experiences that we facilitate for passengers.
Flair is actively recruiting permanent, full-time Flight Attendants to work out of Toronto, ON (YYZ).
We’re in it for the people. And we need more people like us to make it happen. If you are looking for a sign, this is it! We invite you to apply and send us your cover letter and resume (details on how to apply below).
- Ensure a safe travel experience for all customers – accountable for ensuring all safety guidelines are respected and followed to ensure a safe cabin environment is maintained
- Adhere to all standard operating procedures and company policies as indicated in our Flight Attendant Manual and in alignment with Transport Canada regulations
- In addition to ensuring customers’ safety and comfort, our Flight Attendants aim to provide consistent levels of superior customer service by anticipating customer needs and exceeding expectations in all aspects of onboard service delivery
- Provide inflight snack, meal, and beverage service and the sale of onboard products
- Perform a variety of in‐flight service duties: greet passengers, complete in‐flight announcements, and safety demonstrations, serve beverages and meals, and be accountable for all onboard food and beverage sales transactions
- Provide friendly and professional assistance to customers, answering customer questions and ensuring timely customer communication in a variety of onboard instances (delayed flight, medical emergencies, turbulence, etc.)
- Demonstrate a positive and energetic attitude when interacting with passengers and colleagues
- Accountable to identify and report safety and security-related occurrences and hazards in accordance with company procedures
- Confidently operate a variety of onboard safety and emergency equipment
- Handles all security and emergency situations with poise and tact
- Conduct pre-flight duties, including safety and security pre-flight checks, inspections of aircraft cleanliness, and verification of correct provisioning of onboard supplies, catering, and buy-on-board items
- Ensure active cabin presence, while maintaining cabin cleanliness throughout all flights and completing cabin tidying of aircraft on arrival as required
- Comfortable with pushing, pulling, reaching, stooping, twisting, kneeling, lifting, and carrying items
Flight Attendant Requirements:
- Must be 19 years of age or older
- Completion of a high school diploma or equivalent
- Must be able to communicate with an advanced level of written and spoken English. French and other language fluencies are considered an asset
- Patient and able to work effectively both individually and as a member of a team, sometimes under difficult and stressful circumstances
- Safety conscious with a positive attitude and flexible
- Previous customer service or hospitality experience is required, serving and sales experience is an asset
- The ability to maintain high customer service standards, even in challenging situations and long travel days
- Must be available and willing to work any hour of the day, and any day of the week or year, as scheduled. This includes holidays and weekends
- Ability to be away from home for extended periods with a schedule that varies, often on short notice
- Must be available for reserve shifts. When on call for reserve, Flight Attendants must be contactable and able to report to work within 90 minutes of the request being made
- Must be able to reach 201 cm or 79 inches flat-footed
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs from floor to waist and 22 lbs overhead
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada with no restrictions
- Must hold a current valid Canadian passport (with no restrictions)
- Must successfully complete Initial Flight Attendant Training to become a qualified Flight Attendant, full participation in training is required (no absences). Must successfully complete yearly recurrent training to maintain status as a qualified Flight Attendant
- Must be able to obtain and maintain an Airport Restricted Area Identification Card (requires a 5-year traceable history, a clear criminal record, and Canadian citizenship)
To apply for this job please visit ca.indeed.com.