Manager – Packaging
About the job
- Ensure that all artworks (2-4 colors) are developed with speed and line art is made as per the product.
- Rework any released artwork (Full color) designs to create more options for internal approvals.
- Ensure that packs and packaging materials are accurate and specified in accordance with the requirements of a Print process Offset/Flexo/Gravure and Global Change Control Guidelines.
- This includes the checking and approving of amendments to existing or new packaging.
- Management of the – change control process with Regulatory, Supply Chain Planners, Quality Assurance, and Inter-Company.
- Third Party Manufacturing to ensure changes occur within Regulatory, Legal, and Technical constraints of implementation.
Pre Press Color management
- Oversee artwork process from pre-production briefing through to cylinder making, cylinder proof, and Press pass.
- Develop Key Line Drawings as per the technical specifications, maintaining Brand Pantones and reducing no. of cylinders across similar SKUs
- Liaison with Artwork houses, Production facilities of Printers, and Product vendors to ensure all technical packaging requirements are fulfilled. Adhere to bespoke operating processes.
- To advise technical and business constraints of printed packaging components for new and existing company products from the design stage through to actual production.
- Actively participate in internal and external packaging tracker meetings. Proactively preparing and communicating artwork status to stakeholders.
- To consistently review and update existing packs and packaging components, ensuring that consideration is given to all relevant factors including:
- Branding requirements for the presentation of product and brand image.
- Regulatory requirements for data accuracy and implementation deadlines.
- Technical requirements for Production(FFS), Distribution(Transport worthiness), and Shelf life.
- Legal, commercial and environmental constraints.
NPD/Transition Products agency coordination
- Create artwork /design briefs and effectively manage required steps with the Artwork Design Agency relating to technical requirements and timing constraints.
- Complete coordination of all the NPD/Transition Products from the date of starting activity till it launches.
- Develop good stakeholder relationships with internally for the product launch.
- Clearing all agency bills on time
- Custodian for all artworks creating database along with legal deeds and CDs.
- Following brand guidelines and ensuring adhesion to it
- Develops each supplier to pass Food Safety and Ethical audits standards for sustainable business
- Expands supplier capability by selecting suppliers for New Launches or using existing suppliers to expand their business.
- Have very good negotiation skills in negotiating packaging materials for NPD /Transition Products
The transition of regular artworks-order artwork (out of NPD)
- Planning and Update of all artworks basis changing legal metrology and food compliance
- Calendarize the transition of Out of NPD on the yearly tracker by planning the agency/team bandwidth after discussion with PDMs
- Align the printing and timely stock for all SKUs in the transition/out of the NPD list.
- Ensure gatekeeping for all approvals from Legal, Food Safety, PDM, Vendor, etc.
Documentation, Filing, and Internal audit data
- Filing of all approval for products from stakeholders
- Filing of all packaging specifications with cost
- Shade cards of all SKUs with signatures of stakeholders
- Packaging control samples for critical products
- Cylinder-proof signoffs for all flexible packs
- All Private Brand Artworks repository
- Ecommerce Mock-up creation repository
HIVE – My Artwork
- Lead the My artwork activities and ensure artwork launch timelines
- Knowledge of Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, Autocad, etc. is a must. along with a Printing and packaging background preferably from the Indian Institute of Packaging
- 5-7 years experience in Artwork Management / NPD at FMCG or packaging company
- Knowledge of Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, Autocad, etc. is a must.
- Packaging knowledge for designing KLD
- Excellent communication skills (ability to communicate across all levels of the business both internally and externally).
- Troubleshooting and problem-solving – ability to foresee problems at the pre-press level and make amendments accordingly.
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Location: Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
To apply for this job please visit tnemploymentnews.in.