Rich’s, also known as Rich Products Corporation, is a family-owned food company dedicated to inspiring possibilities. From cakes and icings to pizza, appetizers and specialty toppings, our products are used in homes, restaurants and bakeries around the world. Beyond great food, our customers also gain insights to help them stay competitive, no matter their size. Our portfolio includes creative solutions geared at helping food industry professionals compete in foodservice, retail, in-store bakery, deli, and prepared foods, among others. Working in 100 locations globally, with annual sales exceeding $4 billion, Rich’s is a global leader with a focus on everything that family makes possible. Rich’s®—Infinite Possibilities. One Family.
The Packaging Operator’s responsibility is to define, clarify, enhance and follow procedures for packaging the product in compliance with Quality Standards and RICH’S Policies. In addition to providing the Customer with the best product, value and service as possible and to promote a safe and clean environment, that promotes Quality, Productivity, and a Healthy RICH’S – Employee relation.
- Assures that all Good Manufacturing Practices take place, before, and during the process.
- Makes SAFETY a first priority, while carrying out his /her daily activities
- Reports any unsafe acts or conditions to immediate superior
- Get acquainted with the product to be run, specifications and the markings on the bag or closures,
- Inspects equipment prior to start the line to ensure that is in working condition and free of any foreign material.
- Inspects product packages prior to placing them in the box, for any ripped bags, under or over counts, proper closure, missing markings, product appearance, and notify Line Lead of any deviation from Specification Standards.
- Ensures to place product in boxes in such a way to assure product integrity according to Quality Assurance requirements.
- Ensures that boxes will have the correct count, be properly sealed and stacked on pallet.
- Maintains a clean and organized work environment.
- Inform upper Management of any problems that cannot be solved in a timely manner.
- High School Diploma
- Food manufacturing experience (a plus)
- Willingness to learn and to work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to read and write
- Hand dexterity
- Good hand to eye coordination
- Ability to follow procedures
- Must be willing to work flexible hours
In accordance with the Canadian Human Rights Act, Rich Products of Canada Limited, its subsidiaries and affiliates (“Rich’s”) will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, age, sex, record of offences, marital status, family status, handicap, sexual orientation or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, provincial, or local law. The information collected by this application is solely to determine suitability for employment, verify identity, and maintain employment statistics on applicants.