Preferred Education – MBBS & MD/DNB/Diploma or MBBS with CTCCM
Required Education – 0-3 Years
· Take a detailed History and perform a physical examination of each new admission.
· Document findings in the medical record. To fill up admission history and physical assessment form of each new admission.
· Prescribe drugs and treatment.
· Initiate discharge plan on day 1 and review daily with the intensives and the consultant.
· Review each patient at least twice in each duty and as requested by patient or nursing staff.
· Complete variance notes daily and fill up investigations chart.
· Liaise with Consultant.
· Counsel patients and relatives.
· Complete consultation requests for other medical specialties.
· Carry out procedures within capabilities eg CVC line insertion, endo tracheal intubations.
· Prepare discharge summary/transfer summary.
· Telephone Consultant on discharge or death.
· Complete death certificate or refer to Coroner as per Coroners advice.
· Complete notifiable disease forms and adverse drug reaction reports.
· Explain procedure to patient and obtain written consent.
· Participate in unit and Hospital meetings, clinical review, and pathology/radiology meetings.
· Attend training lectures.
· Complete procedural details and details regarding case management.
· Participate in peer review and quality improvement activities/seminars.
· Be easily contactable, and able to return promptly to hospital when on call.
· Assist in providing cover for unexpected absence.
· Participate regularly in performance management.
· Should be well verse with certain procedures like endotracheal intubation, central line insertion- internal jugular, subclavian; lumbar puncture, arterial line insertion.
· Should be well verse with ventillatory management of the patient.
Should have undergone all the mandatory training programmes (BLS, ACLS, ATLS)
· Analytical Skill
· Verbal Ability/Communication Skill.
· Problem Solving/Decision Making
Job Type: Full-time
- Rotational shift