Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts
Order Taker Cashier
About the job
When Legends Come To Life
Since opening in 1962, The Ocean Club has welcomed the world’s most discerning guests to our five-mile stretch of natural white sand beach – framed by 35 acres of Versailles inspired lawns and gardens.
Discover the legendary chic of The Ocean Club, combining elevated Four Seasons service with laid-back Bahamian style – creating one of the most sought-after resort experiences in the Caribbean.
On a stretch of natural white sand beach, our resort offers 107 ultra-luxury accommodations, a Balinese-inspired spa, and dining by Michelin-starred chef Jean-Georges Vongerichten.
The Ocean Club has a treasured history serving generations of luxury travelers. Expansive lawns and towering coconut palms provide an enchanting backdrop to the pristine beaches of Paradise Island.
The Ocean Club offers a rich roster of activities including water sports such as snorkeling, sailing and wind-surfing along with land-based activities including world-class golf and tennis plus a relaxing spa.
The Role of The Order Taker Cashier
To assist the guest in the placing of their room service order and amenities. To provide friendly, courteous service in accordance with standard procedures, dispatch order according to departmental standards.
- Welcome guest with a smile in your voice, in a friendly manner
- Ensure point of sales (P.O.S.) system is in the proper working order and organize work area.
- Check door knob orders to ensure orders are issued for delivery on time.
- Have knowledge of all unavailable menus items
- Maintain complete knowledge of all menu items, preparations methods, ingredients, sauces and preparation times and prices.
- Maintain complete knowledge of liquor brands, beers, and non-alcoholic selection available in In-Suite Dining.
- Maintain complete knowledge of particular characteristics and descriptions of every wine/champagne available in In-Suite Dining.
- Ensure that all guest orders are given to supervisor for timely delivery.
- Answer telephone according to standard. Within (3) rings
- Take guest orders according to standard.
- Create and print checks and submit to supervisor explaining any special requests.
- Advise guest by telephone 5 minutes prior to delivery if there will be a delay in delivering their order.
- Have a thorough knowledge of hotel facilities
- Assist in handling guest complaints advising supervisor of any incidents.
- Collect checks from servers ensuring that the necessary information is completed and is legible and all monies are accounted for.
- Dispatches In-Suite dining orders adhering to departmental standards
- Conduct courtesy calls back to guests to ensure satisfaction.
- Complete reports before leaving at the end of each shift.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by manager to ensure the efficient operation of the restaurant.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.