Marriott International, Inc
Corporate Group Sales Executive
|Hiring Organization||Marriott International, Inc|
|Post Name||Corporate Group Sales Executive|
|Qualification||High school diploma or GED|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||CAD 35 To CAD 38 Per Hour|
|Location||Calgary, Alberta, Canada T2E 6S5|
Handles customer inquiries and acts as the on-property liaison for group sales within the pre-defined peak room parameters for Property Sales. Contracts and closes group business in addition to conducting site inspections. Verifies business is turned over properly and in a timely fashion for quality service delivery. Achieves group revenue goals by actively up-selling each business opportunity to maximize revenue opportunity. Implements the brand’s service strategy and applicable brand initiatives in all aspects of the sales process and drives customer loyalty by delivering service excellence throughout each customer experience.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED; 4 years experience in sales and marketing, guest services, front desk, or related professional area.
- 2-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Marketing, Hotel, and Restaurant Management, or related major; 2 years experience in sales and marketing or related professional area.
- Large group sales experience.
Core Work Activities
Managing Sales Activities
- Handles customer inquiries and acts as the on-property liaison for group sales within the pre-defined peak room parameters for Property sales.
- Achieves group revenue goals by responding to incoming group/catering opportunities for the property that is within the pre-defined peak room parameters.
- Understands the overall market (e.g., competitors’ strengths and weaknesses, economic trends, supply, and demand, etc.) and knows how to sell against them.
- Closes the best opportunities for the property based on market conditions and property needs.
- Uses negotiating skills and creative selling abilities to close on business and negotiate contracts.
- Achieves group revenue goals by actively up-selling each business opportunity to maximize revenue opportunity.
- Partners with the sales team to identify new group/catering businesses and achieve personal and property revenue goals.
- Acts as the on-property liaison for group events over the Group Sales peak room parameters of the Sales Office.
- Develops group sales revenue and operation budgets, and provides forecasting reports.
- Works with the management team to create and implement a group sales/marketing plan addressing revenue, customers, and market.
- Assists with selling, implementation, and follow-through of group sales promotions.
- Attends pre- and post-convention meetings to understand group needs, and obtain feedback on the quality of the product (e.g., rooms, meeting facilities and equipment, food and beverage), service levels, and overall satisfaction.
- Provides accurate, complete, and effective turnover to Event Management.
- Executes and supports Marriott’s Customer Service Standards and the hotel’s Brand Standards.
- Conducts site inspections, as required.
- Monitors same-day selling procedures to maximize room revenue and control hotel occupancy.
- Executes and supports the operational aspects of business booked (e.g., generating proposals, writing contracts, customer correspondence).
- Participates in and practices daily service basics of the brand
- Verifies that the property implements a seamless turnover from sales to operations and back to sales while consistently delivering a high level of service.
- Monitors the effective resolution of guest issues that arise as a result of the sales process by creating mechanisms to channel issues to property leadership and/or other appropriate stakeholders.
- Performs other duties, as assigned, to meet business needs.
Building Successful Relationships
- Develops relationships with existing and new customers to enable future bookings through sales calls, entertainment, FAM trips, trade shows, etc.
- Develops relationships within the community to strengthen and expand the customer base for group/catering sales opportunities.
- Partners with Event Management and/or Operations in providing a customer experience that exceeds the customer’s expectations.
- Executes exemplary customer service to drive customer satisfaction and loyalty by assisting the customer and verifying their satisfaction before and during their program/event.
- Implements the brand’s service strategy and applicable brand initiatives in all aspects of the sales process and drives customer loyalty by delivering service excellence throughout each customer experience.
- Serves the customer by understanding their needs and recommending the appropriate features and services that best meet their needs and exceed their expectations, while building a relationship and loyalty to Marriott.
- Gains understanding of the property’s primary target customer and service expectations; serves the customer by understanding their business, business issues, and concerns, to offer better business solutions both prior to, and during, the program/event.
Marriott International is an equal-opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
To apply for this job please visit careers.marriott.com.