Loblaw Companies Limited
Full Job Description
At Loblaw, we help millions of Canadians get through their best days, worst days, celebration days, and every day. Through our innovation and quality products, we’re here for our friends, neighbours, family members and colleagues.
We succeed through collaboration and commitment and set a high bar for ourselves and those around us.
We’re looking for adaptable people who are thrilled to join us in our goal of helping Canadians Live Life Well®. Whether you are just starting your career, re-entering the workforce, or looking for a new job, this is where you belong. We promote leaders at every level and support our people to follow their passion.
- Starting pay rate: $22.00/hr PLUS applicable shift premiums
- Shift premium added for afternoon shift ($.40/hr), night shift ($.50/hr) and freezer department ($.40/hr)
- Day, afternoon and night shifts available
- Comprehensive 5-day onsite, PAID training program
- Discount programs (ie. GoodLife Fitness, Loblaw Optical, Koodo. Bell, AND MORE!)
- Colleague Discount Program – 10% off immediately (NO waiting period)
- Safety equipment provided & yearly footwear allowance
- Employee Share Ownership Programs & Group RRSP
- Tim Horton’s on site
- Flexible benefits
- Selecting and assembling product for store orders, accurately and efficiently in all climates (dry, coolers, and freezers)
- Securing selected cases and conducting final pallet preparations by wrapping selected loads and applying shipping labels
- Ensuring that all cases and pallets are properly identified with the correct store number
- Performing visual and operational vehicle safety inspections and reporting any unsafe vehicles to a supervisor or maintenance personnel
- Operating warehouse equipment: i.e.; pallet jacks (double and triple), and/or reach trucks (training is provided)
- Complying with Section 28 of the Occupational Health and Safety Act
- Demonstrating adherence to all HACCP and Food Handling practices
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
- Able to lift and carry up to 60lbs, repeatedly with accuracy in a timed environment
- Comfortable working in a temperature-controlled environment (+5 to -28 degrees in some locations)
- Capable of working around machinery and able to use an electric-powered pallet jack
- Ability to take direction from a voice-automated system to pick and organize orders
- Must have flexible schedule, Monday through Sunday with the possibility of working STAT holidays
Candidates who are 18 years or older are required to complete a criminal background check. Details will be provided through the application process.
To apply for this job please visit myview.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com.