|Post Name||Software Engineer|
|Qualification||Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||EUR 55000 To EUR 60000 Per Year|
Dublin, Baile Átha Cliath, Ireland D01 RW84
Full Job Description
Etsy is the global marketplace for unique and creative goods. We build, power, and evolve the tools and technologies that connect millions of entrepreneurs with millions of buyers around the world. As an Etsy Inc. employee – whether a team member of Etsy, Reverb, Depop, or Elo7 – you’ll tackle unique, meaningful, and large-scale problems alongside passionate coworkers, all the while making a rewarding impact and Keeping Commerce Human.
What’s the role?
We are looking for a Software Engineer I to take on practical problems in a strong engineering environment while being mentored by some of the most talented engineers in the industry.
As a Software Engineer I, you will be part of a team responsible for building and maintaining Etsy’s payment systems. Do you find joy in collaborating on interesting problems? If so, this could be the perfect match.
This is a full-time position reporting to the Engineering Manager, Payments. This role requires your presence in Etsy’s Dublin office in an in-person or flex capacity. Learn more about our Flex and Office-based work modes as well as vaccination policy here.
What’s this team like at Etsy?
- The Payments team at Etsy is committed to creating and maintaining a resilient, frictionless, and scalable payments platform.
What does the day-to-day look like?
- You will collaborate with other engineers within your team and across Payments to make effective use of our infrastructure and platforms, and also with other product teams that are building on our payments platform.
- You will build and maintain code responsible for the operation of critical systems that process billions of dollars in payments and require around-the-clock availability.
- You will develop integration solutions for vendor products across multiple global initiatives.
- You will be mentored by senior members of the team and the Engineering Manager to develop your engineering experience and professional growth.
- Of course, this is just a sample of the kinds of work this role will require! You should assume that your role will encompass other tasks, too, and that your job duties and responsibilities may change from time to time at Etsy’s discretion, or otherwise applicable to local law.
Qualities that will help you thrive in this role are:
- Wanting to make a meaningful impact on the world around you
- Excellent communication skills
- Are self-driven but know when to ask for help
- Have less than two years of professional development experience
If you’re interested in joining the team at Etsy, please share your resume with us, and feel free to include a cover letter if you’d like. As we hope you’ve seen already, Etsy is a place that values individuality and variety. We don’t want you to be like everyone else – we want you to be like you! So tell us what you’re all about.
At Etsy, we believe that a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace furthers relevance, resilience, and longevity. We encourage people from all backgrounds, ages, abilities, and experiences to apply. Etsy is proud to be an equal-opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If, due to a disability, you need accommodation during any part of the interview process, please let your recruiter know. While Etsy supports visa sponsorship, sponsorship opportunities may be limited to certain roles and skillset.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.