Butchery Assistant / Meat Packer
Full Job Description
Freedown Food is a well-established importer and wholesaler of exceptional meat with outstanding taste. We are looking for a passionate, enthusiastic, driven, and motivated assistant to join our Butchery team.
- Working Monday to Friday only.
- Every weekend off, bank holidays off.
- Christmas Day, Boxing Day, New Year’s day and Easter off so you can enjoy the holidays with your family!!
- Free tea and coffee.
Experience of working in a meat production facility preferred but not essential. No butchery experience required. Training will be provided.
The job will require working as part of a small team supplying support and assistance to the experienced butchers. Activities to include operation of various vac packing machines, assistance with managing goods ins, goods outs, and more general stock management, cleaning equipment and work areas. Any qualifications relevant to the working environment will be sponsored by the company.
- Working hours: 5:00-15:00 Mon-Fri (1 hour lunch break)
- Salary: £22-£27k per annum depending on previous experiences and qualifications.
- Contract type: Full time / Permanent
- Butchery based: Park Royal, NW10
- Company office based: Battersea, SW8
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Pack, Weigh, Vac and label a variety of cuts of butcher prepared meats.
- Clean equipment and work areas to maintain health and sanitation standards.
- Store meats in refrigerators or freezers at the required temperature.
- Weigh, wrap, label, and store products.
- Goods in work including receipt, inspection and storage of meat upon delivery.
- Goods out work involving preparing products for collections.
- Willingness to work and learn
- Ability to work in a team
- Great attention to detail
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to complete all tasks to an exceptionally high standard
- Knowledge of food safety
Training will be provided to the suitable candidate.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £22,000.00-£27,000.00 per year
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: In person
To apply for this job please visit uk.indeed.com.