Full Job Description
Shift Pattern: Monday – Friday (additional Saturdays on rotational basis)
Shift times: 04:00 – 12:00 or 05:00- 13:00
Salary: £29,484 & Great Benefits
Hours PW: 45
We supply great food to some of the best-known restaurants and pubs, as well as the nation’s schools and care homes. As a Van Driver, you will be the face of our business, delivering fresh produce to multiple locations throughout the day. You will be supported by the Dagenham Warehouse Team who will pre-pick your deliveries for you, so you can focus on delivering!
Your route might not be the same from one day to the next, but we can guarantee you’ll meet a variety of customers along the way. You will also be responsible for regular checks on your multi-temperature van and DVSA compliance. Your journey with us will start with a full induction, and there is even potential down the line to access our HGV Development Programme, the sky’s the limit.
As the UK industry leader, we offer job security and career development – with the family feel, rewards and recognition of our friendly team in Dagenham. We take pride in looking after our people. So, as well as plenty of perks, a generous salary, realistic bonuses and other financial rewards, you’ll enjoy the training and support to go far.
You will be working a 45 hour week, any 5 from 7.
To join us as a Van Driver you will need a full Driving Licence with no more than 3 points and your extensive road knowledge goes without saying! To be successful you’ll be approachable with excellent communication skills and your enthusiasm to do a great job will shine through in everything you do. In return, you’ll enjoy job stability and benefits such as:
- Generous Refer a Friend scheme (£1000 per successful referral – drivers and warehouse)
- Free Uniform
- Pension Scheme and life assurance
- Wellbeing activities and initiatives Mental, Physical and Financial Health – Free 24/7 Employee assistance helpline and wellbeing portal
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Monthly colleague recognition scheme & Long service awards
- Opportunity to purchase up to 5 days additional holiday
- Career development – We’re proud to promote people from within our business and offer lots of support to help you with career development
- Excellent ongoing training. As well as a full induction, you will have access to a huge range of training tools and materials via our learning app.
- At our sites you will enjoy: Free parking, Subsidised vending machines supplying high quality products! Access to staff sales
- We are always happy to talk flexible working!
To join us in a permanent role with a foodservice leader, explore more and apply now.
At Wild Harvest everyone is welcome. We don’t want you to ‘fit our culture’ we want you to help define it and we actively celebrate the unique talents of each and every colleague. We don’t just look at your CV, we’re more focused on who you are and your potential. As part of our values, we are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone has a voice, is appreciated and has the same opportunities. We work hard to ensure that everyone feels part of our business, as we care for one another and connect the world through food and trusted partnerships. Our ultimate goal is to ensure that everyone belongs and thrives at Wild Harvest and we recognise that Wild Harvest can only thrive when everyone feels they belong. We’ll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our resourcing team who will be happy to support you
To apply for this job please visit uk.indeed.com.