Amazon.com Services LLC
Software Development Engineer
Full Job Description
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- 2+ years of non-internship design or architecture (design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and existing systems experience
- Experience programming with at least one software programming language
Come build the future as a software development engineer at Amazon, where you will be inspired working alongside best-in-class inventors and innovators. You’ll create meaningful experiences that deliver on the ever-evolving needs of our customers, and your work will impact millions of people around the world.
At Amazon, we are committed to making your work experience as enjoyable as the experiences as you’ll be creating for our customers. That is why Amazon offers flexibility and remote work options to allow for optimal work/life harmony.
As an Amazon software engineer, you will solve unique and complex problems at a rapid pace, utilizing the latest technologies to create solutions that are highly scalable. There are unlimited opportunities at Amazon, where developing your career across a wide range of teams is highly supported.
Ready to get started? Apply now and get matched to thousands of open software development roles based on your preferred team, tech stack, domain, language and more. The best part? This process gives you a choice of open roles based on your preferences. You’ll speak to the hiring managers, and then you choose your team! Save hours on your job search and reduce the stress.
We’re hiring across the United States and Canada. Some of the teams hiring now include, but aren’t limited to:
- Consumer Technology: Build new generation features and products for amazon, constantly improving the customer and seller experience for billions around the globe. Whether building site wide features such as reviews and recommendations, category specific software for the likes of Pharmacy, Electronics, Digital Software and Video Games or seller infrastructure, there are a variety of complex problems to tackle using a range of technologies in the design of your technical solutions.
- Operations Technology: Shape the future of transportation planning and execution on a global scale, that impacts hundreds of fulfillment centers, thousands of Amazonians, and millions of customers across the world. Your technology will support thousands of operators worldwide to design, build and run the best-in-class Amazon transportation network. We are building intelligent software to make transportation more reliable, faster, and less costly, providing a better and less expensive experience for our customers
- Financial Technology (FinTech): Create next generation of distributed, scalable financial systems that support Amazon’s current and future business needs. Use big data technologies to design and develop services that facilitate global financial transactions worth billions annually. You’ll lead architecture, design, implementation and deployment of large-scale critical and complex financial applications, owning all aspects of solutions end-to-end, through full stack software development.
- HR Technology (People Experience & Technology): Create a seamless employment experience for millions of Amazonians and/or candidates on People Experience & Technology. Whether supporting technologies for onboarding, time and attendance, compensation, amazon.jobs, or recruiting, you’ll deliver robust feature sets, elegant designs, intuitive user interfaces and systems that make it easy for Amazonians to excel at performing critical business functions.
These are just some of the teams hiring across the United States and Canada. Depending on your preferences and expertise, you will own the front-end, back-end, or full stack design and development of product features, building scale, efficiency, and differentiated customer experiences. We’re looking for software engineers passionate about building software solutions end-to-end, have strong software development experience delivering at scale solutions, and systems design skills.
- 2+ years of full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations experience
- 2+ years of building complex software systems experience
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
To apply for this job please visit www.amazon.jobs.