Sexual Offence Examiner
About our Site:
G4S Health Services has been one of the leading providers of all justice health environments since 2005. Working across Secure, Custody, and Sexual Assault Referral Centres (SARC) across the UK, we provide primary care and forensic healthcare to a wide range of patients.
A Sexual Assault Referral Centre is a dedicated center providing a comprehensive service to men, women, and children who have suffered sexual assault, both for those who wish to involve the Police and those who self-refer. Utilizing a multi-disciplinary team of Doctors, Nurses, Crisis Workers, Police Officers, and support staff.
The SARC will provide crisis support, appropriate facilities, and trained staff for completion of forensic medical examination, provision and advice regarding aftercare including Sexual Health and Emergency contraception, as well as facilitating onward support and referrals to other agencies, such as Counselling, Independent Sexual Violence Advisors and Health.
Job Outline: To provide acute forensic examinations for victims of rape and sexual assault in accordance with G4S Health, FFLM, and NMC guidelines and code conduct.
- To carry out forensic examinations of victims of rape and sexual assault in accordance with G4S Health, FFLM, and NMC guidelines
- To be available and to attend the SARC, or another venue, within an agreed timeframe when requested by the G4S Health call center.
- To practice as an autonomous practitioner exercising independent and objective clinical judgment within professional guidelines and code of conduct.
- To treat all SARC clients with courtesy, consideration, care, and respect and give appropriate care and treatment in accordance with best practices.
- To work with and liaise with the Crisis Worker and Specially trained officer to ensure that the client feels in control and the service is tailored to their needs.
- To obtain fully informed consent for all procedures from the SARC client.
- To take relevant forensic samples as per FFLM guidelines ensure the chain of evidence and document injuries
- To complete aftercare risk assessments; pregnancy, STIs, blood-borne viruses, mental health, and safeguarding.
- To administer any relevant medication under G4S Health PGDs.
- Complete all documentation as per local guidelines including an FFLM Proforma and an Aftercare Form, and store securely as per local guidelines.
- To complete written Police statements as soon as practically possible, when requested by G4S Health.
- To attend court when requested as a professional witness
- To maintain their SARC Training Matrix by attending quarterly peer supervision, peer review, appraisals, undertaking quarterly reflective practice, completing mandatory training and attending relevant training, events, and conferences.
- To work towards acquiring the LSOM qualification or equivalent
- To adhere to policies and procedures produced by G4S Health and the SARC.
- To maintain confidentiality at all times, adhering to data protection and maintaining Caldicott Guidelines at all times
- Liaising with Partner agencies to ensure Clients receive appropriate ongoing support.
- Participate in multi-agency partnership working.
- Participate in bi-annual Employee Development Review (EDR).
- Carry out any reasonable request from your Line Manager.
- Forensic Examination and Medical Aftercare of Complainants of Sexual Assault
- Effective Communication skills.
- Excellent Documentation skills
- Professional and Non-Judgemental
The Ideal Candidate:
- Registered Nurse with 4 years of post-reg experience
- Experience and confidence working as an Autonomous Practitioner
- Excellent Safeguarding knowledge and understanding
- Strong communication skills both written and oral
- Experience Working with Vulnerable Groups
- Multi-Disciplinary Working
- Enhanced DBS Disclosure
- Speculum Examination skills
- Sexual Health
- Women’s Health
- Forensic Awareness
- Statement writing and giving evidence experience
- Sexual Offence Examiner experience
While working for G4S, you are entitled to a number of benefits and offers from G4S partners and other organizations, from employee assistance provided through WeCare to RAC cover and so much more, including the below;
- Progression, training, and development catered to you.
- Charity work- Match-IT and Payroll Giving
- Refer A Friend incentives
- Company pension scheme with employer contributions.
- G4S Life Assurance Scheme.
- Subsidized healthcare plan.
- Charity work- Match-IT and Payroll Giving.
- Confidential Counselling Services
- 24/7 support specializing in health and medical
- Discounts on high street shops and brands including several leading high street brands, retailers, and travel suppliers.
To apply for this job please visit uk.indeed.com.