About the School
About the Role
GEMS Wellington Academy, Al Khail are looking for an experienced and highly committed Librarian to support the continued evolution of our students’ independent learning skills by facilitating access to appropriate print and online content.
- Assist students to find books appropriate to their reading level and interest and help students and staff source topic-related books for study.
- Responsible for arrangements for students to borrow library books, keeping records of books borrowed, following up on unreturned books etc.
- Develop reading lists for various age levels.
- Liaise with Heads of Department to select and prepare annual library order including selection and renewal of subscriptions for periodicals. Place orders and process delivery of new books.
- Computer cataloguing of all books and produce catalogues of books held.
- Responsible for the storage, maintenance and access to the audio-visual library.
- Maintain, update and make available examination material (past papers, syllabi etc.) and college and careers material.
- Responsible for the general maintenance of the library ensuring it is comfortable, well lit, attractive, organised, clearly signposted etc.
We welcome applicants with a minimum of 1 year’s experience as a Librarian in a school setting and a Bachelors in Librarianship or Library Science or similar. Our ideal candidate will have the above and be a committed and creative individual with excellent organisational and interpersonal skills, and be able to work effectively with students and staff.
About the Role
About your Benefits
An excellent remuneration package is available for successful candidates including; a competitive tax free salary, premium medical insurance and life insurance, working permit and residence visa, annual flight allowance, tuition fee concession, and other benefits in line with the UAE Labour Law.
In addition to these, we offer:
- A culture of collaboration and an excellent support system
- An excellent programme of continuing professional development
- The opportunity to develop personally and professionally, structured performance management, and opportunities to advance to positions of greater responsibility
- A commitment to staff wellbeing, including access to all of our sports facilities, weekly fitness sessions, and staff social events
- GEMS Rewards, which offers a package of benefits for staff such as retail discounts, savings on gym membership, cinema tickets and many other offers
About Your Benefits
Trusted for over 60 years and now a third generation education family, GEMS Education began in a single school room in Dubai. Today, we have the privilege of educating over 170,000 students from over 176 countries through GEMS owned and managed schools globally; over 270,000 students access resources through our services division.
About the School
Recently rated ‘Outstanding’ by BSO, children learn in a vibrant, inclusive and creative learning environment that encourages teamwork, critical thinking, independent inquiry and risk-taking. Our staff are recruited almost exclusively from the UK, and are highly skilled and experienced in delivering the National Curriculum. However, applications from other countries are strongly encouraged, especially if you have experience in international UK curriculum contexts. Teaching is significantly enhanced through the use of technology, which is used predominantly by students to create and present new content. Innovation and creativity are actively encouraged and the learning programme is significantly enhanced by a rich and varied extra-curricular programme of over 100 activities, which emphasises our belief that students should be learning from the moment they arrive in school until they leave at the end of the day. We are an internationally minded school with students representing over 90 nationalities and are an accredited member of the Council of British International Schools and British School in the Middle East. We are proud of our high achieving culture: our expectation of all students is that they strive to excel and make significant progress well beyond expectations commensurate to their starting point.
To apply for this job please visit ae.indeed.com.