About the Role:
GEMS Education is looking for a creative and enthusiastic Copywriter to produce clean, engaging, and entertaining written scripts for a wide variety of uses including digital, social media, brochures, speeches and letters. The Copywriter will collaborate with stakeholders across Schools and the School Support Centre (SSC) to support effective written communications.
- Writing a wide variety of creative copy as requested by the Communications department head and other senior members of the Marketing and Sales/Enrollment teams.
- Writing content for brochures, factsheets, and other marketing collaterals.
- Writing letters to staff, students, parents, and corporate partners as requested by the department head.
- Ensuring all written copy is relevant and factual.
- Providing best practice support and guidance to all GEMS schools on copywriting.
PR Campaigns and Speeches
- Contribute creative ideas for various PR, social media, and digital campaigns.
- Write speech scripts as advised by the department head.
- Repurpose published feature stories, articles, and press releases for external media, social media, and websites.
- Social media caption writing for corporate channels.
- Website written content for schools and corporate platforms.
- Ensuring content written is relevant to the platform and audience.
Reporting and metrics
- Tracking data on content written to identify trends and areas for improvement.
- Managing a database of content written and reporting on key metrics as agreed with the line manager.
Expected Qualifications & Experience:
- Degree (or equivalent) in Journalism. Communications, or related subject.
- 3-5 years of experience as a creative copywriter in English – Arabic would be beneficial but not essential.
- Previous experience in a fast-paced agency or similar production environment.
- A background in education would be beneficial but not essential.
- Versatile writing skills in English, including a strong understanding of grammar and great attention to detail.
- Creative flair: Ideas /concept generation both independently and as part of a team.
- Awareness of current and emerging Comms and Marketing copywriting trends.
- Positive attitude and flexibility to adapt to last-minute changes.
About Your Benefits:
An attractive remuneration package is on offer to the successful candidate including tax-free salary, medical cover, tuition fee concessions, annual leave, and end-of-service benefits.
To apply for this job please visit ae.indeed.com.