Marketing Jobs Wellington
|Hiring Organization||Museum of New Zealand Te Papa Tongarewa|
|Post Name||GENERAL MANAGER EVENTS|
|Qualification||A qualification in or equivalent work-related experience in; Events Management, Marketing, or Hospitality|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||NZD 85000 To NZD 100000 Per Year|
|Location||Wellington, New Zealand 6011|
Te Papa stands proud as an iconic national building housing the treasures of the nation and is a vibrant destination for both national and international visitors. Biculturalism is a founding philosophy and practice of Te Papa designed to explore the contribution of the Māori language and culture to life.
Culture and activities of the museum in small and large ways. Te Papa fosters and nurtures cross-cultural capability, the ability of people of different cultural backgrounds to interact with one another in positive and uplifting ways.
We are looking for a self-motivated, high-energy candidate who can demonstrate their initiative to lead and manage a small team of professionals responsible for delivering events to both internal and external Te Papa stakeholders.
The Manager of Events Operations will support the development and operational delivery of events, managing operational and administrative functions to ensure the effective delivery within well-managed project budgets. As the Manager of Events Operations, you will need to travel for onsite inspections and event delivery purposes.
To be successful in the role, you’ll bring
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in event management or event coordination, development, and or coordination roles.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in project management and budgeting
- An understanding of Te Papa’s bicultural philosophy and the partnership approach set out in Te Tirirtī o Waitangi
- Proven ability to manage, lead, motivate and develop a small team
- Excellent relationship management skills and a proven ability to work in a collaborative, fast-paced environment
- A qualification in or equivalent work-related experience in; Events Management, Marketing, or Hospitality
- Great time management skills with the ability to remain calm under pressure
- Excellent problem-solving skills, a solutions-based approach, and a confident decision maker
- Skilled in strategy and promoting business development
Applicants must have experience in and an ability to work flexible full-time hours, including evenings and weekends.
The starting salary for this position will be between $85,000 to $100,000 pa with further room for progression through the band. Offers will be made within the range to reflect the skills and experience offered by the candidate and those required of the role, and internal relativities with other employees.