Reporting to the Railway Supervisor, the primary duties of this job include but are not limited to:
- Clean switches, frogs and crossing;
- Adjusts and inspect switches, install or replace worn or defective ties, rails, anchors, switch points and frogs, lifts and shims track, inspects and tightens splice bars and other track maintenance duties;
- Gauge and line tracks and apply anchors, checks for broken rails or other abnormalities;
- Inspect and keep culverts and ditches clean;
- Observe passing trains carefully, and if any serious defect is seen, must promptly report it to the Supervisor or delegate;
- Cut brush and keep right of way clean;
- Repair track geometry defects;
- Train and operate Track maintenance machinery as required;
- Perform lock outs & flagging duties when required.
The ideal candidates must:
- Be able to work shift work rotations to meet the company business requirements and demands.
- Possess a valid Ontarios drivers license.
- Be physically fit and may be required to undergo a physical demands analysis to be successful in this role.
- Be able to work outdoors during all weather conditions as this work is primarily outside;
- Able to handle track maintenance work using hand tools such as shovels, picks, rail tongs, bars, track jacks, sledgehammer, spike maul and several pneumatic tools.
- Minimum Grade 12 Diploma or Equivalent
- Complete or have recently completed CAAT and DAT testing in a satisfactory manner.
We offer a competitive wage and bonus plan complemented by a comprehensive range of benefits. Candidates must ensure that progressive, sustainable improvements within the department are consistent with business objectives and our health, safety, environmental and community policies.
Kidd Operations is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to protecting the privacy of personal information. Information will be used for recruitment and employment purposes only. We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job please visit ca.indeed.com.