Data Engineer Singapore
GLOBALFOUNDRIES is a leading full-service semiconductor foundry providing a unique combination of design, development, and fabrication services to some of the world’s most inspired technology companies. With a global manufacturing footprint spanning three continents, GLOBALFOUNDRIES makes possible the technologies and systems that transform industries and give customers the power to shape their markets.
- Raw data flows at high speed and high volume across engineering and manufacturing systems.
- The multiplicity of file format and erroneous file content often make integration and maintenance of systems a challenging task.
- Data Engineers need to find trends in this complex environment and develop algorithms to make raw streaming data useful to the organization.
- Gain valuable experience in big data manipulation and acquire deep knowledge in database design and programming
- Learn to manage, analyse and extract database-centric distinctive information and enrich them in real time to provide value to the end user
- Be able to hone your technical skills using multiple programming languages and scripting tools
- Creating new data pipelines using cloud and big data technologies
- Enhance exiting data pipeline to cloud (change request)
- Conduct technology scan and proof-of-concept
- Data acquisition, query and manipulation to address business issues
- Design, develop, test and deliver the system
- Schedule and operate big data jobs on cloud
Required Qualifications :
- Education Degree/Master’s in Computer Science
- Certifications in IT technologies (AWS, Python)
GlobalFoundries is an equal opportunity employer, cultivating a diverse and inclusive workforce. We believe having a multicultural workplace enhances productivity, efficiency and innovation whilst our employees feel truly respected, valued and heard.
As an affirmative employer, all qualified applicants are considered for employment regardless of age, ethnicity, marital status, citizenship, race, religion, political affiliation, gender, sexual orientation and medical and/or physical abilities.
All offers of employment with GlobalFoundries are conditioned upon the successful completion of background checks, medical screenings as applicable and subject to the respective local laws and regulations.
To ensure that we maintain a safe and healthy workplace for our GlobalFoundries employees, please note that offered candidates who have applied for jobs in Singapore will have to be fully vaccinated prior to their targeted start date. For new hires, the appointment is contingent upon the provision of a copy of their COVID-19 vaccination document, subject to any written request for medical or religious accommodation.