This is a super-duper key role at Go City and helps to make sure that our colleagues have the best experience when they are in the London office. It covers everything from greeting visitors to managing contractors to arranging in-office events. You will have ownership of making sure it is a fun (obviously), engaging and safe, productive place for fellow colleagues to work.
What will you be responsible for /helping us to do?
- Oversee the colleague and visitor experience and ensure a personal, friendly experience for anyone coming into the office
- Take overall responsibility for the day-to-day running of the office to ensure the office is a vibrant and productive space to work
- Responsible for organising and coordinating the office refreshments, stationery, cleaning contracts, maintenance, equipment, and general operations, (that includes Sainsbury’s orders, fire extinguishers, toilet rolls, and plants)!
- Provide admin support as needed, including scheduling meeting rooms, handling post, shipping packages, and taking deliveries that often come from all over the world
- Manage all aspects of the office’s space/infrastructure planning (moves, additions, and changes to working stations) and provide answers, resources, and solutions to the variety of questions and queries that come your way
- Monitor the office budget, keeping up-to-date records of office expenses and costs
- Coordinating all corporate purchasing in line with our budgets and deadlines
- Supporting ad hoc organization including preparation for board meetings, catering, and supplementary materials.
- This could be ordered in catering from Pret or even those nonalcoholic beers and snacks for our weekly socials (pssst don’t forget the biscuit cupboard)
- Coordinating events and activities remembering always that we have diverse and global colleagues. Want to educate us on Divali? Want to organize an easter egg hunt.. we are always up for new ideas!
- Assist with ad hoc projects, events, and travel arrangements as needed – forever mindful that our teams travel regularly between Singapore, America, and England.
- Managing all office contracts & supplier relationships internationally, including proactive sourcing, negotiating, and opening new offices and suppliers.
- You’ll also help us to review and develop HSE policies that ensure Go City can demonstrate legal, regulatory, and best practice requirements.
- Take control and management of Health and Safety including maintenance, compliance checks, testing, and inspection schedules. Manage inspections, risk assessments, and improvement plans in this area too
- Commitment to live and breathe our company values in the delivery of your role and responsibilities
We support a culture where Health and Safety, well-being, and Personal Data at work are important. We are all adults, which means we expect the same in return. Each of us plays our part in looking out for ourselves, each other, our Partners, and our customers every day.
As you can see, this role covers a wide range of responsibilities, but we know that our People are more than just their job description. We are a team here at Go City which means there will be plenty of opportunities to stretch your thinking, expand your knowledge and make a contribution to the wider business not reflected here. We are an ‘all hands on deck kind of business so would expect the same from you.
What skills do you have that are essential in this role?
- You’re a team player who’s willing to muck in to support others when they need help, knowing they’ll do the same in return.
- You can demonstrate clear examples of office management experience and importantly, have previously overseen and driven office moves
- You’ll be highly organized and reliable with great attention to detail – able to pick up on what might enhance our colleague’s office experience – whether it is coffee beans, easter egg hunts, pesky blocked toilets, or new board games!
- You’re a strong communicator (both verbal and written), with the ability to gauge and adapt your style based on the audience remaining always mindful of our brand reputation
- Your ability to multitask and prioritize makes even Octopuses want more arms!
- You’re a bit of a whizz when it comes to computer systems, with examples of where you’ve used systems accurately and efficiently before
The all-important perks:
- Competitive market rate salary
- Enhanced Pension Contributions
- Life Assurance at 4 x base salary
- Annual leave – 25 days per year + Bank Holidays
- Buy Annual Leave scheme (up to 5 days each year)
- Floating bank holiday
- Upgraded Family Leave
- Flexible and Hybrid working
- Work from Anywhere for up to 4 weeks per year
- Dedicated time for personal and professional development each month
- Personal Learning Budget
- Access to Mental Health First Aiders
- Annual Explorer Passes allowance
- EAP provides access to counseling, finance support, etc
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Simplyhealth Cash plan
We are committed to our stance as an Equal Opportunity Employer in line with inclusivity being one of our 6 core company values. We welcome and encourage applications from all backgrounds and uphold the highest standards in our ways of working, whether at the application or promotion stage. All of our Colleagues are responsible for upholding these values and ways of working.
To apply for this job please visit uk.linkedin.com.