Heavy Goods Driver
The driver will be responsible for providing an efficient, reliable, quality delivery and collection transport service of heavy goods vehichles in accordance with safety legislation and company procedures.
The driver will ensure the safety of passengers, vehicles, employees and other road users.
The drivers may be subject to irregular work schedules, weather and outside environment extremes, long trips, short notice for assignment of a trip, tight delivery schedules, delays in route and other stresses and fatigues related to driving a commercial motor vehicle on crowded streets and highways in all kinds of weather.
The driver will drive, mainly from the Rapid Access depot to supplier and customer sites as planned by the Service Manager.
- Hold a current, clean and valid Category 4 licence driving licence
- Minimum of 4 years HGV experience
- Experience of commercial driving and skilled in manoeuvring vehicle at varying speeds in difficult situations, such as heavy traffic, inclement weather
- Must have working knowledge of vehicle safety and control systems
- Competent to undertake daily and weekly vehicle checks and carry out basic maintenance
- Must be able to sit and remain alert while driving for a long period of time
To apply for this job please visit ae.indeed.com.