Goodwill Industries of San Diego County
Human Resources Recruiter
Are you looking for meaningful work and want to make a difference? Joining the Goodwill team could be a great fit for you! At Goodwill we live and breathe our Core Values of Creativity, Credibility, and Collaboration. We are a mission-integrated organization that is funded by resalable goods. Last year alone, we were able to keep 10 million pounds of donated goods from hitting our landfills. Through the reselling of donated items, we can provide job readiness training and employment opportunities to individuals with disabilities and barriers to employment.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Human Resources Recruiter will be responsible for assisting in all facets of recruiting success throughout the organization. This will be achieved through the development of recruiting plans, employing traditional sourcing strategies and resources as well as developing new, creative recruiting ideas.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statements
- Assists the Human Resources Recruitment Manager with the development and implementation of recruiting plans.
- Networks through industry contacts, association memberships, trade groups and employees.
- Performs administrative duties and recruitment recordkeeping.
- Assists with the creation of a recruiting and interviewing plan for each assigned position.
- Efficiently and effectively fills open positions within a set timeframe, following best practices guidelines, and employment laws and regulations.
- Follows up regularly with Hiring Managers and the Human Resources Recruitment Manager to determine the effectiveness of recruiting plans and implementation.
- Develops a pool of qualified candidates in advance of need.
- Researches and recommends new sources for active and passive candidate recruiting.
- Builds networks to find qualified candidates.
- Utilizes the Internet for recruitment and job posting. Keeps up with new ways of recruiting and networking through recruitment websites.
- Uses social and professional networking sites to identify and source candidates.
- Aids public relations in establishing a recognizable “employer of choice” reputation for the company, both internally and externally.
- Supports the One Door concept at Goodwill’s Community Employment Centers by collaborating with Human Services Departments to provide a recruitment presence within the Centers.
- Collaborates with Hiring Managers regularly to establish rapport and gauge staffing needs.
- Attends local professional meetings and membership development meetings.
- Works with Human Resources Recruitment Manager to coordinate and Implement College, Career Center and other Recruiting Initiatives
- Prescreens applications in iCIMS and HireSelect, conducts phone interviews, and arranges and participates in second interviews with Hiring Managers.
- Assists in performing reference and background checks for potential employees.
- Assists in writing and forwarding rejection emails.
- Assists in interviewing and selecting employees onsite.
- Performs other special projects as assigned.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Education:Associate’s Degree or two year college or technical school preferred.
- Experience:Two to four years related experience preferred.
- Computer Skills:Must possess knowledge of MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Certificates & License:Valid California Driver’s License with driving record acceptable to Goodwill’s insurance. Must have a vehicle and valid vehicle insurance.
- Other Requirements:Must pass criminal background check requirements.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.