Government of the Northwest Territories
Jump to: Hide
Beaufort Delta Divisional Education Council
The Beaufort Delta Divisional Education Council actively promotes:
- Awareness of and sensitivity to cultural diversity and heritage
- Use of data to inform decisions to improve student success and achievement
- Integration of computer based learning technology into the classrooms
- Outcome based instruction and assessment
- Sustained commitment to Literacy and Numeracy
- Working creatively and collaboratively with a variety of partners in education
- Strong communication, interpersonal and team building skills
Candidates must have completed a Bachelor of Education Degree and be eligible for a Northwest Territories Teaching Certificate.
The following criteria will be important considerations in the hiring process:
- Strong background in Elementary Education and teaching in the core subject areas of English Language Arts, Math and Science
- Recent teaching experience in a K-12 environment
- Excellent classroom management skills
- Knowledge of, or commitment to become knowledgeable of the prescribed NWT Curricula in Language Arts and related areas
- Experience using data to inform instructional decisions
- Training in Literacy and Numeracy
- Experience in multi-grade classrooms using Differentiated Instruction
- Understanding of and experience in the integration of technology into classroom instruction.
To apply for this job please visit ca.indeed.com.