Senior Manager, Assurance and Accounting
|Post Name||Senior Manager, Assurance and Accounting|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||CAD 60 To CAD 70 Per Hour|
|Location||Toronto, Ontario, Canada M4B 1B3|
Inspirational, innovative, and entrepreneurial – this is how we describe our empowered teams. Combine your passion with purpose and join a culture that is thriving in the face of change.
Make an impact with our Assurance & Accounting team as a Senior Manager. This diverse team of professionals is dedicated to exceeding clients’ unique needs within a rapidly evolving business and financial reporting landscape. As a trusted advisor, you’ll provide tailored solutions that empower clients to navigate complex regulatory requirements, information security issues, growing shareholder expectations, privacy matters, and investor relations.
MNP is proudly Canadian. Providing business strategies and solutions, we are a leading national accounting, tax, and business advisory firm in Canada. Entrepreneurial to our core, our talented team members transcend obstacles into opportunities and are successfully transforming mid-market business practices.
- Lead client-facing engagement teams to complete complex audit, review, and compliance tax engagements, as well as budgeting, internal controls, and financial/accounting transactions
- Deliver expert industry and technical expertise in audit and assurance through client interactions, reports, technical work, management presentations, and the creation of high-quality deliverables
- Manage a portfolio of clients while understanding their business, key risks, and ways to deliver added value; ensure clients’ needs are met and that relationships and accounts grow and develop
- Accountable for engagement planning and scheduling as well as project financials (i.e., budgets, WIPS, timely billing, collection, variance recognition)
- Maintain quality control and apply specialized knowledge to anticipate, identify and address issues relevant to the client’s business, financial entries, and reports
- Network in the local business community, consider business development opportunities, and contribute to the preparation and delivery of competitive proposals to meet client needs
- Contribute to strategic and operational planning related to client and practice management, as well as the development of new ideas and approaches to improve work processes
- Mentor, motivate, and coach team members toward professional and personal development by setting clear expectations, providing feedback, and conducting performance reviews
- Maintain flexibility to travel, as necessary
Skills and Experience
- CPA designation
- 7 years of relevant public accounting experience
- Extensive understanding of business, accounting, management, and practice development principles
- Proven people management, relationship building, and leadership skills
- Strong strategic planning and conceptual thinking skills
More than a paycheque, MNP is proud to offer customized rewards for our team members. With a focus on health and wealth, we provide an extensive list of benefits that support our unique culture and foster work-life integration.
Our MyRewards@MNP program offers benefits that allow you to thrive at work and outside of the office. Be rewarded with generous paid time off including 4 personal days, firm-sponsored social events, a group pension plan with a 4% matching contribution, voluntary savings products, bonus program eligibility, a wellness subsidy, health, and dental benefits, mental health resources, exclusive access to perks and discounts, professional development assistance, learning opportunities through MNP University, a flexible ‘Dress For Your Day’ environment and more!
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.ultipro.ca.