Hospitality & Tourism Instructor
About the job
Hanson College, established in 2001, is a private educational institution that delivers college diploma programs, post-graduate diploma programs, and language training programs to international students. Our three campuses are located in Toronto, Brampton in Ontario, and New Westminster in BC. Join Hanson to change life trajectories through education for generational impact in the global community.
We are looking for Hospitality & Tourism Instructors (In-Person) to work at our Toronto Campus for the following courses: (Intro to tourism and hospitality, beverages, kitchen essentials, restaurant operations, food & nutrition, rooms division, GDS, Land arrangements, destination products, tourism law, ticketing, and tariffs)
We offer competitive compensation based on the qualifications and industry experiences with great team support.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct Ontario college courses or other courses for international students or ESL background students
- Implement the college or other program curriculum and specified course outlines by means of classroom instruction and effective pedagogical methodologies
- Compile supplementary teaching materials, undertake audio, or video recording or other work as may be requested related to a course
- Implement fair and well-balanced assessment strategies
- Assess and evaluate the outcome and effectiveness of student learning through classroom instruction, assignments, projects, presentations, mid-term exams and final exams
- Undertake classroom management, attendance tracking, accurate record keeping
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and strong organizational abilities are required
- Strong commitment to provide students with the best educational experience, a desire to stay actively involved in the education field
- Ability to convey course material effectively, commitment to contribute to extra curricula activities and educational experiences for the students
- Strong classroom management skills and excellent interpersonal skills
- Punctual, independent, and self-motivated
- Minimum Honours Bachelor’s Degree and above in a closely related discipline such as Tourism, Hospitality, Business Administration, and Education; or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- 1-3 years of teaching experience (experience working with international students is preferred, and experience teaching in a post-secondary institution is an asset)
- 3+ years of related field work experience a must.
- Excellent computer skills (MS Office, Outlook, online education resources/platforms)
Inclusion and Equal Employment Opportunity:
We are committed to fostering a diverse, inclusive, and accessible work environment. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings. If you require accommodation, don’t hesitate to contact the Human Resources Department to make arrangements. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or other legally protected factors.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. If you are selected for an interview, you will be contacted by a Hanson College Recruiter directly from our organization.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.