Eastern Health Canada
Eastern Health Canada
|Post Name||Research Assistant|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||CAD 20 To CAD 25 Per Hour|
|Location||Canada A1A 1A1|
As the Research Assistant, I will support and assist senior staff in preparing for study visits and regular study duties. This could include preparing study source documents for patient visits, labeling laboratory kits, and stocking clinic rooms. Additionally, centrifuging patients’ blood, pipetting the serum, and packaging the blood for shipment to the lab via FedEx as per transportation of dangerous goods guidelines, are all regular duties. The RA I may also be required to support senior staff with environmental scans for various research topics as needed.
- Undergraduate coursework in a health-related or social sciences field is required.
- Current and continuing certification in the Transportation of Dangerous Goods is an asset.
- Current and continuing certification in Good Clinical Practice (GCP) with Health Canada is an asset.
- A minimum of one year of experience within the last three years working in a research setting including data entry and laboratory processing is required.
- Experience in report writing and conducting environmental scans are assets.
Competencies (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities)
- Knowledge of research and evaluation approaches in various settings.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Outlook, Word, Excel, and Powerpoint.
- Proficiency in Medidata Rave and Inform.
- Demonstrated excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated individual leadership skills and autonomous critical thinking ability.
- Demonstrated time management skills as well as the ability to prioritize and work in a dynamic and collaborative environment.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills and the ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships.
- Demonstrated strong teamwork skills and the ability to work collaboratively.
- Demonstrated effective research and analytical thinking skills.
- Ability to ensure confidentiality and work in an ethical manner.
To apply for this job please visit ca.indeed.com.