NHS Blood and Transplant
Healthcare Assistant – BD
NHS Blood and Transplant collects over 7,000 blood donations every day providing vital blood and blood products that help to save and improve the lives of thousands of people every year. Our team provides a welcoming and special environment for our donors, ensuring they receive exceptional, first-class care. We save lives but we don’t work in hospitals. We collect blood from donors in Donor Centres and in our community.
As a Healthcare Assistant – Blood Donation, you will have the opportunity to learn valuable skills and be an essential member of our team. You’ll play a vital role in saving and improving lives daily in an environment where every day is different.
We’ll provide an extensive induction and training programme, including the Skills for Health Care Certificate which is recognised as a foundation to healthcare support throughout the NHS.
Main duties of the job
Your responsibilities will include:-
- Taking part in training to learn how to insert a needle into a donors arm to achieve a blood donation unit.
- Looking after our donors throughout their donation journey to ensure they have a positive experience and care.
- Ensuring all documentation from donors is recorded, keeping accurate records throughout the session.
- Encouraging donors to return by building relationships and delivering an exceptional customer experience.
- Ensuring the safe handling and management of blood products, needles and a range of equipment.
You will be required to work variable hours and days, including evenings, weekends and bank holidays with appropriate notice of the rota – see benefits Information for more detail.
Experience and Knowledge
- Have experience of dealing with the public.
- Have experience of delivering a quality customer service.
- Be willing to learn new technology skills and undergo digital training.
Qualifications and Training
- Have a good standard of numeracy and literacy.
- Be willing to undertake development and training to upskill yourself including completion of the Skills for Health Care Certificate.
To apply for this job please visit uk.indeed.com.