Gabriels Care and Nursing Agency
Healthcare Assistant & Support Worker
|Hiring Organization||Gabriels Care and Nursing Agency|
|Post Name||Healthcare Assistant & Support Worker|
|Qualification||Qualification in Healthcare (NVQ) is desirable|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||GBP 14 Per Hour|
|Location||Reading, England, United Kingdom RG1 3EU|
Performing the role of both Health Care Assistant/Support Worker you will need to be flexible and prepared to provide high-quality care to all vulnerable groups our clients care for. This includes elderly care, dementia, mental health patients, children (under 18)/adults with learning disabilities, autism, and epilepsy. our various clients with its residents and patients.
The role is varied day-to-day and the post holder will assist with all aspects of care such as personal care, making beds, providing mobility support, serving meals and feeding, talking to residents, and monitoring general health and well-being.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To treat all residents with respect and courtesy, maintaining dignity and respecting individual needs and differences, both physical and cultural.
- To provide help with residents’ personal care including, showering, getting dressed, helping patients to the toilet, and feeding.
- To ensure residents’ physical environment is maintained, and kept tidy and clean e.g. making beds, checking room temperatures, and cleanliness.
- Talking to residents, reassuring them, and encouraging attendance of social activities when appropriate facilitating them to achieve this.
- To use specialized equipment to lift and move patients, including wheelchairs.
- Observe and report any changes in the resident’s condition immediately to a relevant professional.
- Under the direction of a qualified practitioner, provide you may be asked to provide basic wound care, prompting medication, blood sugar monitor, taking patients temperature or pulse.
- To undertake clerical duties as required such as mandatory training and attending meetings with other healthcare professionals.
- To liaise effectively with other professionals and significant others involved in the resident’s care, ensuring an integrated pattern of service delivery.
- To seek assistance and guidance from senior staff when necessary.
- To receive supervision in order to enhance and consolidate personal and professional skills.
- To conduct a professional manner between yourself and residents i.e. no exchanging of telephone numbers, no outside contact, this could lead to dismissal from the age.
The post holder will report to the Senior Care Staff in charge or Registered Manager on shift and be supervised by the Staff Allocation and Resources Team but will expect to plan and manage his/her own workload within agreed systems and deadlines.
Please read our Summary of Terms and Conditions of Employment and Registration Fees.
Right to Work:
We only accept applications from candidates with the right to work in the United Kingdom.
Salary up to £14.00 per hour
Education, Experience & Achievements
- English Language Competency
- Qualification in Healthcare (NVQ) is desirable.
- Experience working in a similar setting.
- Strong teamwork ethic.
- Compassion focused.
- Healthcare sector experience.
Skills & Knowledge
- Evidence of good written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent skills in communicating with service users.
- Ability to relate to people from a wide range of backgrounds.
- Observational Skills.
- Requested Mandatory Training Certification
- Competent IT Skills
- Mental Capacity Training/ Mental Health Act
- Epilepsy Awareness
- Lone Worker
- Medication Awareness
- Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards (DoLS) Dementia
- Commitment to high standards of Care Quality and Commission conduct.
- Ability to work in a team in order to execute a wide range of tasks.
- Flexibility and ability to work under pressure.
- The ability to prioritize a busy workload.
To apply for this job please visit gabrielsnursing.recruitee.com.