Phoenix Hospital Group
Theatre Healthcare Assistant
|Hiring Organization||Phoenix Hospital Group|
|Post Name||Theatre Healthcare Assistant|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||GBP 12 To GBP 20 Per Hour|
|Location||London, England, United Kingdom W1G 9QY|
Phoenix Hospital Group is a dynamic, fast-growing independent hospital group that currently operates two hospitals in central London and Essex and two Harley Street outpatient and diagnostic centers. It has ambitious plans to grow and is now keen to appoint an exceptional Theatre Healthcare Assistant to support the next stage of its development.
- To assist with the administrative function of the surgical team including the accurate documentation of records.
- To assist the scrub nurse and surgeon during surgical procedures and to accept training towards assisting surgeons in a scrub nurse role
- Monitoring and recording baseline clinical observations.
- Urinalysis as required.
- MRSA screening as required.
- Provide post-operative advice to patients.
- Ensure specimens are labeled and bagged ready for collection with the necessary paperwork completed.
- To assist with ensuring that clinical waste collection runs smoothly, report any problems to the theatre manager or nurse in charge.
- Ensure sharps bins are secure and ready for collection.
- Restocking of clinical areas and support areas.
- To participate in audits where appropriate and requested.
- Participate in the administrative and professional responsibilities of the surgical team.
- Assist the theatre team to ensure accurate and legible notes of all consultations and treatments are recorded in the patient’s notes.
- Ensure the accurate completion of all necessary documentation associated with the patient.
- Assist the nursing team to ensure the collection and maintenance of statistical information required for regular and ad hoc reports.
- Attend and participate in team meetings, briefing and debriefing as required.
- To assist in the management of surgical records and appointment systems.
- To fulfill any additional duties as reasonably requested and required.
- To assist with the safe dispatch of specimens.
- To assist with the safe dispatch, arrival, and set up of surgical instruments, loan kits, and equipment.
We value our staff members and want them to feel motivated and rewarded. We offer a competitive package of benefits to all permanent staff members of Phoenix Hospital Group including:
- Pension Scheme.
- Life Assurance.
- Employee Assistance Programme.
- Medical Insurance.
- Cycle-to-work scheme.
- The subsidized restaurant at Weymouth Street Hospital.
- Season ticket loan.
- Employee discount at our health facilities.
- 25 days annual leave + bank holidays; increasing with length of service.
- Annual summer and Christmas parties.
- Career development.
- Refer a friend scheme.
To apply for this job please visit www.phoenixhospitalgroup.com.