Patient Access & Health Insurance Manager
Patient Access & Health Insurance Manager
AstraZeneca is a global, science-led, patient-focused biopharmaceutical company that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialisation of prescription medicines for some of the world’s most serious diseases. But we’re more than one of the world’s leading pharmaceutical companies.
Overcome access barriers for patients to AstraZeneca Portfolio through innovative and sustainable patient access solutions and build strategic interactions framework and effective partnerships with health insurance providers in the Gulf.
What you’ll do
- Identify, build, map, and maintain strong business relationships with Health Insurance bodies, health authorities, and regulators in Gulf markets
- Work closely with the commercial teams and supporting accounts in resolving issues or concerns, developing ethical and customer-oriented reimbursement strategies, and communicating payer criteria/terms and practices.
- Spend considerable time and effort working with field partners helping to identify reimbursement-specific opportunities or issues, as well as educating partners on the payer landscape.
- Ensure inclusion and availability of AZ BBU portfolio in different insurance plans / formularies in the Gulf.
- Work with the Cross-functional team to build relevant, solid, and localized value arguments with supporting evidence.
- Identify knowledge gaps and ensure value communication, increase awareness, education to Health Insurance relevant stakeholders
- Liaise and communicate with Insurance Providers, Regulators to ensure relevant parties understand the value proposition of AstraZeneca’s products.
- Monitor environment and practices for shifts, trends, or behaviors, interprets likely impact and suggests appropriate actions/ recommendations
- Understand priorities of relevant stakeholders, identify partnership/ market opportunities and threats to AZ business and provide deliverable solutions & recommendations.
- Maintain a high level of understanding of related benefit structures, reimbursement mechanisms, legal and regulatory influences, and health management programs.
- Maintain an outstanding level of multiple therapeutic area knowledge, utilization management techniques, treatment and reimbursement guidelines, and performance metric analytics.
- Develop and lead new and existing PSP/PAP/Affordability projects and innovative access solutions to improve the access of patients to AZ medications.
- Lead interactions and work closely with service providers, distributors, NGOs, and vendors to monitor PSP/PAP programs progress, ensure successful execution, and achievement of KPIs
- Maintain Knowledge and deep understanding of legal and regulatory requirements related to PSP/PAP for Pharmaceutical products.
- Maintain highest ethical standards and work in a spirit of AstraZeneca Code of Ethics, following rules & norms set by corporate policies
- Ensure that all conducted activities are done in accordance with local legislation and corporate standards.
- Timely report (as per respective procedures): health/environment/wellbeing related accidents; adverse events that you became aware about; change in status of your Conflict of Interest.
Essential for the role
- Pharmaceutical science background.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in the Pharmaceutical Industry in the Gulf markets, of which 2 years are required within AstraZeneca for internal applicants
- Strong performance track record
- Demonstrated strong oral, written and group communication skills.
- Interpersonal skills – Influencing, negotiation, collaboration and team work
- Effective analytical thinking, problem solving and decision making
- Planning and organization skills
Desirable for the role
- Degree in Health Economics/Pharmacoeconomics
- Strong commercial background
- Experience in managing/dealing with health insurance companies is a major advantage
- Experience in leading Patient Support Programs
At AstraZeneca we’re dedicated to being a Great Place to Work. Where you are empowered to push the boundaries of science and unleash your entrepreneurial spirit. There’s no better place to make a difference to medicine, patients and society. An inclusive culture that champions diversity and collaboration, and always committed to lifelong learning, growth and development. We’re on an exciting journey to pioneer the future of healthcare.
To apply for this job please visit www.mncjobsgulf.com.