Under general supervision, operates a school bus, including Type 1 and/or Type 2, over designated routes within an established time schedule. The City Unified School District supports and adheres to a policy of nondiscrimination on the basis of race, colour, ethnic group identification, national origin, ancestry, religion, age, marital or parental status, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sex.
SUMMARY OF SOME REPRESENTATIVE DUTIES:
The duties listed below are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to this class.
- Transports students to and from school and on special event trips;
- Loads and unloads students safely at designated stops;
- Stops traffic and escorts children across streets when necessary;
- May transport children with special learning and physical needs;
- Adheres to policies and procedures regarding student behaviour management and public contact concerning transportation problems and concerns;
- Completes daily record of transportation functions, including students transported, mileage, type of trip, and standby time;
- Performs daily inspections of bus or transportation equipment; maintains bus or transportation vehicle in a clean and orderly condition, and reports all mechanical defects and malfunctions;
- Washes, sweeps, cleans and refuels transportation equipment;
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Education and experience: High school diploma or equivalent, plus one year of experience in the transportation of school children.
Good driving record.
Knowledge of: Safe driving practices and techniques; basic first aid procedures and methods; safety and maintenance requirements of bus and other pupil transportation equipment; provisions of the Motor Vehicle Code and any applicable to the operation of vehicles in the transportation of school children.
Ability to: Drive a school bus and other transportation equipment; maintain appropriate student behaviour on school bus and other transportation equipment; relay safety instructions to all pupils and document as required; perform appropriately in situations requiring tact and diplomacy; understand and carry out oral and written directions; establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
Condition of Employment: Must be insurable by the liability insurance carrier.
Licenses and Certificate Requirements:
- 1. A valid Motor Vehicles Operator’s License, Class B with passenger endorsement.
- 2. A valid School Bus Driver’s Special Certificate, without restrictions.
- 3. A valid Medical Examiner’s Certificate
- 4. A valid First Aid/CPR Certificate issued by an authorised agency.
To apply for this job please visit ae.indeed.com.