The Save Mart Companies
Full Job Description
The Save Mart Companies is one of the largest food retailers in California and Nevada. It is home to several well-known brands in food retailing. You might have seen our stores that include Save Mart, Lucky, Lucky California, and Food Maxx. We also have 3 distribution centers and our SMART Transportation trucking firm to transport dry groceries, frozen foods, ice, and novelties to all The Save Mart Companies stores. We are a California grown business, headquartered in the heart of one of the greatest agricultural areas of our nation – Stanislaus County.
The Modesto community is vibrant with great traditions, educational opportunities, and multi-cultural lifestyles. Aside from mild weather year-round, Modesto allows for easy access to many major tourist attractions in California. To the west lies the San Francisco Bay Area (90-miles) and the Santa Cruz Beach (115-miles). To the east is the famed Gold Country “Mother Lode” (50-miles) and a little farther you can find the majestic Sierra Nevada Mountain range, Lake Tahoe (180-miles) and Yosemite National Park (110-miles).
Some of our competitive benefits include exceptionally generous benefits package (Health, Dental, Vision, Life, 401K), Lifelong Learning Educational opportunities, Employee Association (discounted and free tuition options, contests, and support services).
We are currently recruiting for the position of:
Clerk Helper – 1740 Tuolomne, Vallejo, CA 94589 USA
The Clerk Helper is an excellent entry level store position, with many opportunities for growth and learning within our Save Mart family of businesses in the grocery industry. Our Clerk Helpers play an important role in the efficient operations of the front-end, by providing friendly, fast and effective customer service. Your goal as a Clerk Helper is to create a friendly, welcoming, and helpful store atmosphere, establishing loyal repeat customers.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Provide a remarkable shopping experience for our customers by greeting and engaging with each customer, offering assistance, being approachable and friendly, and by going the extra mile to ensure that our customers are taken care of.
- Perform store sweeps, with emphasis on front-end and entrance areas; ensuring floors are free of spills or debris, to provide a safe environment for customers as well as co-workers.
- Routine and daily cleaning of registers and belts, emptying check stand trash cans, dusting and facing shelves.
- Collect all shopping carts from the parking lot, maintaining a cart-free lot throughout the duration of your shift.
- Perform price checks, and assist with go backs returning items to correct location, with perishables being the first priority.
- Assisting Clerks to move lines quickly at busy times by bagging groceries quickly and efficiently, taking care to protect quality and condition of items.
Hiring pay range: $15.70 – 15.70
- No experience required!
- Must be at least 16 years old
- Ability to lift 40 pounds
- Continuous walking, standing, reaching, and bending
- Environment includes indoor and outdoor with exposure to widely varying temperatures.
- Ability to read, write, and speak English proficiently.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service
- Strong team players with a willingness and desire to learn, work hard, and have fun with it!
- Availability to work a variety of shifts, including evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Performs other duties as assigned
To apply for this job please visit savemart.csod.com.