Food & Beverage Hostess
Full Job Description
With thousands of hotels in over 100 countries and territories, Hilton offers countless opportunities to delight. From an open door to a welcoming smile and an exceptional experience, we offer the millions of travellers who stay with us every year a welcome they will never forget. In addition to our flagship brand, Hilton Hotels & Resorts, the family of brands includes Waldorf Astoria, LXR, Conrad, Canopy, Curio Collection, DoubleTree, Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton and many others.
If you appreciate the impact global travel can have on the world, you may be just the person we are looking for to work as a Hilton Team Member. Because it’s with Hilton where we never forget the reason we’re here: to delight our guests, Team Members, and owners alike.
The Outlet Hostess meets and greets all guests as they enter and leave the All-Day Dining Restaurant while controlling the cashiering duties for the restaurant. This role is also expected to assist with and ensure that all guests receive optimum service of food and beverages in accordance with the standards, policies and procedures of this hotel and Hilton.
What will I be doing?
As the Outlet Hostess, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Confidently know the food and beverage menu contents and explain them in detail to guests.
- Understand dietary requirements and offer appropriate suggestions.
- Correctly label buffet dishes.
- Keep buffet areas clean at all times.
- Complete TBS checklists on product knowledge.
- Make suggestions on the menu that might suit guests of different nationalities.
- Familiarize with menu items of all other outlets to recommend guests to other outlets.
- Ensure that everything is clean and tidy, ready for guests to enter the restaurant.
- Undertake steps to ensure that the cashiers’ desk is ready and set for service.
- Check reservations with the Supervisor / Manager and confirm any large bookings for the next service period.
- Assist Bar Attendants and kitchen staff where required and carry out any reasonable duties requested by the Supervisor / Manager.
- Complete the TBS checklist on preparing the restaurant for service.
- Greet guests with smiles and offer assistance with coats, bags, etc., introducing yourself.
- Escort guests to a table and ask if they would prefer a smoking or non-smoking table.
- Greet all guests who walk past your outlet and offer them menus to view when appropriate.
- Offer the newspapers to all breakfast guests and any single diners.
- Ensure that all service procedures are carried out to the standards required.
- Accommodate any guest request or offer appropriate alternatives.
- Take personal responsibility for the service experience of all guests in your designated area.
- Follow-up on any guest questions or queries immediately, and if you don’t have the answer, check with your Supervisor / Manager.
- When passing by guest tables, check if they require service.
- Smile and greet all guests as they enter and exit the restaurant, even if they are not designated to your section.
- Make sure that all areas are cleaned and maintained in accordance with operating procedures.
- Positively end the guests experience by checking on their satisfaction.
- Assist with guests’ coats and bags as they leave, thanking all guests and wishing them a pleasant day.
- Understand relevant OH&S legislations and their implications on the operation of the department.
- Ensure that safe and healthy working practices are observed throughout the service.
- Report any accidents / incidents to the Supervisor / Manager.
- Ensure that the Food & Beverage mission is established and instilled in you and all team members.
- Carry out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- The Management reserves the right to make changes to this job description at its sole discretion and without advance notice.
What are we looking for?
An Outlet Hostess serving Hilton Brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- Motivated and committed, approaching all tasks with enthusiasm and seize opportunities to learn new skills or knowledge in order to improve personal performance.
- Flexible and responds quickly and positively to changing requirements including the performance of any tasks requested of you.
- Maintain high team focus by showing cooperation and support to colleagues in the pursuit of team goals.
- 2-4 years managerial position in a 4 / 5-star category hotel.
- Good English skills, both written and verbal to meet business needs.
- Strong leadership and training skills.
- Outgoing personality and willing to work for long hours.
To apply for this job please visit in.indeed.com.