Unit Head – Fertilizer Complex
About the job
At Vedanta, we have always believed that our strong internal pool of Human Capital is our biggest asset. Driven by Vedanta’s DNA, we are committed to create a dynamic workplace where capabilities are valued, careers are built, leasers are developed from within and performance is cherished and rewarded.
Hindustan Zinc Limited is India’s largest and one of the world’s foremost zinc-lead-silver miners. With more than 50 years of operational experience, the organization is on continuous journey of growth and expansion and poised to deliver its potential of 1.5 million toms of metal with best is class Safety, Benchmark Technology, and Cost Efficiency.
The roles & responsibilities are defined as below but not limited to;
1. Production & Operational Excellence
- Responsible for Phosphoric Acid / NPK / DAP / Utilities & Fertilizer Complex plant operations. interaction with plant managers and providing timely guidance towards achieving business targets with respect to quantity, quality, efficient utilization of raw materials, utilities, dispatches, manpower and all available resources by ensuring safety, compliance to statutory regulation and management systems.
- Drive process efficiency as per budgeted norms of raw material & utilities
- Drive transformational initiatives across fertilizer complex
- Developing Standard Operating Procedures & drive Integrated Management System across Fertilizer Complex.
- Plan, manage and implement short term and long-term strategic business plans meticulously by identifying suitable process technology improvements, adopting sustainable and best practices in similar industry towards achievement of long-term business objectives.
- Handle the related service departments like Civil, Mech, Elect & Instruments & improving preventive maintenance & reducing time. Maintaining OEE >95% & identifying levers for benchmarking performance.
- To ensure training & improving the technical competency of the team members.
- Well verse in handling statutory compliance related to Pollution control board and all other related to factories act.
- Strong knowledge of Fertilizer manufacturing process.
- Good at machinery, instrumentation and chemical handling process.
- Well versed in chemical knowledge.
- Maintaining quality in all operations & Exposure in fertilizer industry as per FCO.
- Able to handle various Internal and External audits & ensure compliances in time as a Factory Manager
- Well verse in data analysis and presentation.
2. Health, safety, environment & sustainability
- Drive culture of safety at fertilizer complex by reinforcing safety practices, setting up and tracking safety processes/ metrics, conducting on-site audits etc.
- Participate in monthly meetings of the Safety Committee to review the location’s performance of safety measures and indicators.
- Monitor fertilizer complex across all key aspects of environment such as pollution, sewage & effluent treatment, power & water consumption etc. to ensure compliance (and improvement) against regulatory and internal benchmarks.
- Strictly adhering to environment & sustainability norms to improving the operations.
3. Stakeholder and community management
- Drive engagement with local stakeholders and community. Participate in and lead key community engagement and welfare initiatives with the SBU ExCo.
- Personally, interact and build relationships with local government officials and key community stakeholders. Conduct visits to local villages, interact with villagers to understand their issues and identify ways in which HZL can support them.
- Work with local government stakeholders to organize site visits and address any issues related to labor, pollution, licenses etc.
4. Enhancements and innovation
- Discuss, initiate and drive new initiatives to expand and upgrade production. Participate in evaluation of equipment & suppliers, contractors etc.
- Conduct monthly review of debottlenecking, capacity expansion/ improvement projects. Track and review fertilizer expansion and upgradation initiatives. Address roadblocks and provide status updates to CEO – Fertilizer.
- Track industry development and identify new technologies, processes and equipment to enhance safety, quality and volume of production.
- Develop new products in close coordination with Marketing team.
- BE/ B.Tech/M.Tech (Chemical)
- 20 years’ experience in handling the Phosphoric Acid / NPK / DAP. At least 5 years in Leadership Position in fertilizer plant.
What we’ll offer you:
· Outstanding remuneration and best-in-class rewards
· As an equal opportunity employer, Vedanta offers a truly global work culture.
Everything we do is shaped by the Vedanta Values of Trust, Entrepreneurship, Innovation, Excellence, Integrity, Care and Respect.
If this sounds like you and the opportunity you are looking for, apply now and be a part of our exciting growth journey.
To apply for this job please visit www.hzlindia.com.