Customer Team Member – Home Delivery Driver
Location: Pickaquoy Road, Kirkwall, KW15 1RR
Pay: £10.90 per hour + great benefits
Contract: 20 hours per week + regular overtime, permanent, part time
Working pattern: varied shifts including early mornings (store opening), afternoons, late evenings (till 10.15pm) and weekends, to be discussed at interview
Full training given
You can now apply for this role using your mobile device
This role includes delivering shopping back to customers’ homes, so you’ll need to hold a full UK driving licence and have 3 years driving experience.
As a home delivery driver at Co-op, you’ll provide a friendly and thoughtful delivery service, taking great care with customers orders. You’ll also make sure your delivery vehicle is in great shape – representing Co-op to your local community.
In return, we’ll give you opportunities to develop your skills and progress your career. You’ll also get fair pay, and a benefits package that includes a pension, colleague discount and support for your physical, mental and financial wellbeing.
What you’ll do
- Friendly and thoughtful home delivery service – you’ll put customers first in everything you do: responding to queries, championing Co-op products and Membership, and doing all you can to deliver a great shopping experience
- Engage with everyone to succeed together – when you’re not on the road, you’ll be helping in the store; on the checkouts, stocking shelves and generally supporting your team to solve problems for the benefit of customers and members and each other
- Make sure the vehicle is safe, legal and operational – you’ll complete daily checks to make sure the vehicle is operational, safely loading and unloading the vehicle and taking care picking and packing customer orders
- Embrace change – you’ll help to embed change, embracing and supporting changes so they become a natural way of working, and sharing experiences with other colleagues to help them positively adapt to changes
- Co-operate for a fairer world – you’ll get involved in day to day community activities like supporting our FoodShare scheme, and help your local member pioneer by taking part in local community events
This job would suit people who have
- A full UK driving licence with 3 years’ experience and no more than 6 points on your licence
- genuine care for the needs of customers and colleagues
- good communication skills, with the ability to build positive relationships with everyone
- strong problem solving skills
- the flexibility to work a range of shifts
We’ll help you learn new skills and give you the opportunity to support your local community. You’ll also get package that includes:
- competitive pay and opportunities for overtime
- Wagestream – a money management app that gives you access to a percentage of your pay as you earn it
- premium rates for hours worked before 6am or after 10pm
- flexible shifts/working hours and regular overtime opportunities (we provide rotas to your mobile phone 3 weeks in advance)
- Holidays starting from 31 days per year (includes bank holidays) pro rata for part time
- 30% off Co-op branded products in our food stores
- 10% off other brands all year-round (doubles to 20% on the Friday and Saturday after payday)
- discounts on other Co-op products and services
- pension with up to 10% employer contributions
- cycle to work scheme
- services to support your physical, mental and financial wellbeing
Building an inclusive workplace
We’re actively building diverse teams and we welcome applications from everyone. We want to build inclusive work environments, where our colleagues have equal opportunities to reach their full potential. We celebrate our differences, and recognise the importance of our teams reflecting the communities they serve.
If you have a disability, we can make reasonable adjustments to our recruitment process according to your needs. We’re also part of the Disability Confident scheme, meaning we’ll always offer an interview to disabled candidates who apply through the scheme if they meet the minimum criteria for a job.
We’ll ask whether you’d like to be considered under the Disability Confident scheme when you apply.
If we invite you to take part in the recruitment process for any of our jobs, we’ll ask you if you need any reasonable adjustments to enable you to participate.
You can find out more about our recruitment process at jobs.coop.co.uk/apply-process.
You can find out more about the Disability Confident scheme and all our commitments to diversity and inclusion at colleagues.coop.co.uk/diversity-inclusion-and-wellbeing.
As part of the application process for this job, you’ll need to complete an online assessment. It will take around 10 minutes to complete the test.
To apply for this job please visit uk.indeed.com.